Colorado Babies
Options

Women First in Loveland

Has anyone had experience with Women First in Loveland, part of Banner Health?  I'm new to the area and scheduled an annual check up there before becoming pregnant. I'm excited to meet with a midwife and hope this will be a good starting point.  Any other recommendations in the area?

I live in Estes Park,  so I will probably see someone in the Front Range.  However, I work in Loveland, so it would be nice to find a midwife there!

TIA for your help, and I look forward to getting to know everyone!  Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Women First in Loveland

• Options
    I have never heard of this place? I live in Severance, CO it's like 10 miles from Loveland. I'm new to this area and I am driving to Cheyenne, WY for all my appts and I will deliver there too. I have had to take my son to the ER at Medical Center of the Rockies and I will tell you the hospital itself as well as the staff were awesome! I wish you luck!
  • Options
    I will say that Mediacl Center at the Rockies is a great hospital if that is where they deliver out of! Great staff!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually live in Estes Park as well and my husband and I are TTC. Women's First is Loveland is one of the places that I am going to go and talk to when that time comes. I have been very impressed with Banner Health and all their employees. I would go in and talk to them if you haven't already. My PCP has told me great things about them so I am keeping my fingers crossed because I would like to have a midwife being a part of the process. Hope it all goes well!
    (Life is a dance, we learn as we go) 1st Baby Girl due Nov 8 :))))
  • Options

I too, have never heard of this place.  However, I am going to the Women's Clinic of Northern Colorado.  Like another post said, they have offices in Fort Collins and Loveland and deliver at Poudre Valley Hospital and Medical Center of the Rockies.  Starting in 2012, the midwives at the clinic will begin delivering at MCR.  In the past, they only delivered at PVH.  My husband and I started off with an OBGYN through the clinic but just switched to a midwife when we heard they would be delivering at MCR.  Our friends who had a baby last year used the midwives and had nothing but great things to say about them.  After having met both and OBGYN and the midwives with the Women's Clinic, I say that you can't go wrong with them.  They are personable and there for you every step of the way.

• Options

imagectschrader:
    I actually live in Estes Park as well and my husband and I are TTC. Women's First is Loveland is one of the places that I am going to go and talk to when that time comes. I have been very impressed with Banner Health and all their employees. I would go in and talk to them if you haven't already. My PCP has told me great things about them so I am keeping my fingers crossed because I would like to have a midwife being a part of the process. Hope it all goes well!

Hey, very cool that you're also in Estes! 

I was seen at Women First for my first two appointments.  They are all extremely nice!  I'm still trying to learn more about their philosophy and procedures to see if it will be the natural experience I am looking for.

If you have questions in the future, I'll probably be able to answer them.  Big Smile

Good luck TTC!

• Options

I go to Women First!! I absolutely love it. There are 4 midwives that you alternate seeing so you know the person delivering your baby. They are all so kind and knowledgeable. I actually started off at Women's Clinic at MCR and switched after my 4 month appointment. The very first day I went in just to meet the people there they signed me up for a payment plan and I never actually got to meet the doctor. After 3 visits with her I HAD to leave (my 4 month visit was the one where I got my ultrasound (and that lady was very nice) but when I had my doctor appointment after she was such as capital B word to me that I left crying). Not to mention we never got to meet another doctor and wouldn't have any idea who would actually deliver our baby.

Hands down I would recommend the midwives at Women First over the doctors anywhere else, especially the one that I had at Women's Clinic. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Also, I forgot this - 

I delivered at McKee in Loveland. The nurse who checked me in got on my nerves but I only saw her for about an hour. The actual nurse who helped me throughout my labor and delivery, Brenda, was probably the best part of my experience there. She was great. However, I'm not saying the rest of the experience was bad. The nurses, especially the night nurses, we fantastic and listening and helping me through my problems and questions. The food was great, the room was clean, and I got a free massage right there in my bed. I liked all the security they provided, too, and it was nice to know that at all times I had my pediatrician and my midwife on call.

So to summarize... I had an EXCELLENT experience at McKee and with the midwives.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I do not have any experience with them. I am in Loveland, my first appointment with them is in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to a midwife this time as its our 4th pregnancy. When I went in they seemed REALLY nice, the midwife introduced herself to me, usually in ob offices I meet the doc for like 2 minutes. It was a nice atmosphere. I have never dealt with Banner Health, always thought negative of it, all my deliveries have been through Poudre Valley hospital and clinics including my last OB. So I hope they are just as awesome as Poudre Valley.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"