Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

passed tissue, but now still no bleeding or cramping

I miscarried yesterday morning at 10 wks.  I had absolutely no warning signs, no spotting, no crampin or pain.  And pregnancy symptoms going strong (mainly nausea and vomiting).  Then yesterday, I went to the bathroom, and felt something "slip" out, and I thought it was just my usual leukorrhea discharge.  But when I looked in the toilet, it was completely red.  and there was a large "clot" on the bottom of the toilet.  My husband fished it out and said he thinks he can see the fetus.  Needless to say, we are both devastated. 

My husband looked on the web and read about some women passing large blood clots and still going on to have healthy babies.   I think it's just wishful thinking that we are in that boat.  Especially since I don't seem to have the N&V anymore.

It's been over 24 hours since it's happened, but I have not had any more bleeding since.  Nor have I had any pain or cramping.  Is it normal to not have any bleeding after the tissue has passed?  I'm so scared and emotionally all over the place.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: passed tissue, but now still no bleeding or cramping

• have you been to the doctor?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • been talking to the OB nurse several times yesterday.   They did not feel a need to be seen.   I called them again this morning a couple of times, and begged to get an ultrasound, so we know 100% if the fetus is really gone or not.   Just got the call back to go into the office.  She gave me a glimmer of hope since she said it's unusual that i haven't had any bleeding or cramping, and that it could be a  subchorionic hemmorage.  But I've lost my pregnancy symptoms (no more N&V, and no more tender breasts), so I think i already know the sad outcome.  But I guess they will be able to give me more guidance on what to do next (maybe a D&C??).
  • Loading the player...
  • If you experienced this and your doctor didn't have you in IMMEDIATELY, I'd get a new doctor!!  That is horrible to leave you in such distress and potentially leave you or your child in danger.  I'm totally outraged.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.  I really don't think you will get any answers until you have an ultrasound and medical opinion on what is going on.  My heart goes out to you.  I hope you get some good medical advice soon, and fingers crossed for the best case scenario!!!   Keep us updated.

• imageReeceFamily:

If you experienced this and your doctor didn't have you in IMMEDIATELY, I'd get a new doctor!!  That is horrible to leave you in such distress and potentially leave you or your child in danger.  I'm totally outraged.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.  I really don't think you will get any answers until you have an ultrasound and medical opinion on what is going on.  My heart goes out to you.  I hope you get some good medical advice soon, and fingers crossed for the best case scenario!!!   Keep us updated.

I agree with all of the above.

That's the oddest story I've ever heard, so I'm not really sure what else to say, except to show up at the hospital and demand some answers.  I don't know what else you could do.  It is extremely odd that you have no bleeding or cramping.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • I am so sorry you are going through this.  (((Hugs)))  I don't know what's "normal" but in my experience, I had bleeding before and after I passed the sac.  Hopefully you can see your doctor and get some answers soon since it sounds like you're not 100% sure you've miscarried.  My t&p are with you. 
  • please let us know after you see your doctor. I hope it is nothing and you and your baby are still happy and healthy. I agree with the other girls that I would look into getting another doctor. I will keep you in my thoughts today.
  • Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, ladies!!!  I knew I came to the right place for support. Unfortunately, I don't get a choice of doctors due to my limiting insurance plan.  We use an HMO, so we get to choose from a small list of doctors within the network.  And when we call in, it's the luck of the draw depending on who answers the phone.  So I was lucky today that the OB nurse readily agreed to get an ultrasound ordered for me.

My husband was so sure that he saw the fetus in the tissue/clot that I passed, and even described it to me in detail today (he didn't want to upset me with details yesterday).  He had said it looked like a tadpole, with arms (and fingers forming), legs were not formed yet, there was dark spots on the head (possibly the eyes).  He's not the type to jump to conclusions, which is why i was so sure we had miscarried.  He even researched online and compared with the few pictures he found online.  Looks like we lost the baby at around 7 weeks.

BUT....  It's a miracle!!  We had an ultrasound today, and the tech found a baby right away.  At first I just thought, oh, i passed the placenta, but haven't passed the fetus yet.  But she said she could see the heartbeat, and everything looked normal.  The size of the fetus is 10.5 weeks, which is about where we should be.  I was laughing and crying at the same time.  What a roller coaster ride of emotions over the last couple of days!!!  

Also, it makes me wonder.... what did I pass, and what did my husband see??  It is not possible that there was a twin, since we looked at a previous ultrasound and didn't see anything suspicious.

Thank you ladies for listening to my story and for all your support.   I wish you happy and healthy pregnancies in the future!! Lots of love to you all!  :)

• Glad it was the best case scenario, and you don't have to join us :).  Wishing you a happy healthy baby :).
  • I am so so happy for you!! I am thinking you are right in thinking it was a twin that your husband saw, in early U/S you cant always tell if it is twins. Congratulations to you both I am glad you were able to go in for the U/S today. good luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"