March 2011 Moms

Does motherhood make everything hurt?

How bad are your aches and pains since having a baby? I feel more aches and pains than when I was pregnant! My neck, shoulders and back are so sore from nursing, carrying him, even cuddling. 

Am I the only one?

Charlie: Wowing the Masses with His Adorableness Since March 16, 2011 http://operationicingonthecake.wordpress.com/

Re: Does motherhood make everything hurt?

• You know what's weird? Ever since I was about halfway through my pregnancy, my FEET ache like you wouldn't believe. Like, if I'm sitting for a half hour then get up, I limp because they ache. I keep expecting it to get better, but it doesn't.

My upper back also aches a lot, which has been with me since after my c/s. Not sure if it's from the strain of holding the kiddo or BFing or related to the surgery (hunching because of the incision). Maybe all three, who knows. I'm with you, though.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I am always complaining about my lower back. You would think I was a grandma!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been out this whole week with lower back muscle strain..... I hear ya! I also feel like a gramma :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my legs do not work the same :(  I can't sit pretzel style at all :(
  • I swear my knees aged about 50 years after I had E. I can't even sit cross legged on the floor anymore, my one hip won't bend that way!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm the same as you guys.  My back, knees and hands are killing me.  I chalk it up to lifting nearly 20lbs of squirmy baby 100 times a day.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageskio:

You know what's weird? Ever since I was about halfway through my pregnancy, my FEET ache like you wouldn't believe. Like, if I'm sitting for a half hour then get up, I limp because they ache. I keep expecting it to get better, but it doesn't.

My upper back also aches a lot, which has been with me since after my c/s. Not sure if it's from the strain of holding the kiddo or BFing or related to the surgery (hunching because of the incision). Maybe all three, who knows. I'm with you, though.

My feet hurt too! Especially after sitting or a laying down for a while. What is up with that!?!?!?

DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Mine are horrible but I'm being tested for fibromyalgia and also was found to be highly anemic.
  • My wrists hurt for the longest time! They are finally back to normal. My bachelor aches at the end of the day, though.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i'm right with you ladies.  of course being 40 also adds to the aches and pains!  to you ladies with foot pains, check with your dr.  it sounds like plantar faciatis. i battled this for years.  you can get orthotic insoles, do certain excersizes,  and learn how to tape up your feet.  the thing that i found to be the most helpful is to wear crocs!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Everything hurts me always. I was found to be very anemic and I'm being tested for fibromyalgia. My feet and ankles hurt the most, I worry about falling down the stairs with my girls.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"