Pregnant after IF
Options

Wondering what a "good" beta is for 14dp6dt

I go in tomorrow morning and because I'm weird, I looked in my records to see what my beta was about this time with my DS. I had one at 15dp5dt from last time that was 600. So I guess that's about what I should expect?

Has anybody had a singleton and twins and can you tell me how your betas differed?

I know I am completely obsessing, and with a number that suposedly DOUBLES in a DAY I'm sure the normal range is HUGE! Just wondering if anyone could humor me?

Me: all good
DH: dx azoo 8/3/09 found out DH has CBAVD due to Cystic Fibrosis on 8/18/09
IVF#1 w/ICSI: start stims 9/4/09, ER/MESA 9/15/09, ET 9/20/09 Transferred 2 GREAT Blasts!

Baby Boy was born on 5/14/10 at 36w 3d
(induced due to IUGR, 4 lbs 15 oz but perfectly developed and healthy)
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

FET#1: start Lupron 9/25/11, FET 10/20/11
Transferred two 6 day hatching Blasts!
Beta #1 on 11/3/11 BFN

FET#2: start Lupron 11/20/11, FET 12/15/11

Re: Wondering what a "good" beta is for 14dp6dt

• Options

If you scroll down to my post "Low Beta #1...please come in" a lot of ladies posted their betas. Also, there is a link within that post for more betas. Mine was super low at 13dpo but my RE (and everyone here) said it's the doubling that counts and so far, that seems the case!!

Good luck to you!!

IUI #5 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI 10/15 = BFP

Beta #1 27 (13 dpo) Beta #2 143 (16 dpo) Beta #3 436 (19 dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Whatever you do, DO NOT use your beta last time as an indicator.    My betas were done much earlier - but still.    My betas for this pregnancy were 3x (then more) as high as my betas for my last pregnancy.    Both singletons.   

So your betas could be half what they were last time or double what they were last time - and everything could be perfectly fine, normal, and healthy.    Singleton or twins.    Keep your expectations of the number LOW.    just tell yourself over and over again - it isn't the number that matters, it is that it doubles.  

(of course, there is a little bit of reason... if it is like 20 or something, that wouldn't be the best, and if it is 10,000 - that would be odd, too.   but really, the number itself means nothing.  squat.  nada.)  

good luck, lady!!!

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageladychicago:

Whatever you do, DO NOT use your beta last time as an indicator.    My betas were done much earlier - but still.    My betas for this pregnancy were 3x (then more) as high as my betas for my last pregnancy.    Both singletons.   

So your betas could be half what they were last time or double what they were last time - and everything could be perfectly fine, normal, and healthy.    Singleton or twins.    Keep your expectations of the number LOW.    just tell yourself over and over again - it isn't the number that matters, it is that it doubles.  

(of course, there is a little bit of reason... if it is like 20 or something, that wouldn't be the best, and if it is 10,000 - that would be odd, too.   but really, the number itself means nothing.  squat.  nada.)  

good luck, lady!!!

Thanks, I really needed a slap in the face! Can't believe I looked up 2 year old records! LOL Don't know if you remember, but for my fresh cycle they sucked my blood like crazy! I have beta numbers for 3, 5, 8, 11, 15, 18, and 23 dp5dt from last time! This time I haven't been into the clinic a single time since my transfer! (Tomorrow will be 14dp6dt) I have no idea why they aren't monitoring me this time and they did so closely last time, but it is frustrating! I hope once I do go in, that they will bring me in often so I can actually see the number changing (since the rise is the important part).

So with all that said, I am a little less excited about tomorrow, and more excited about whenever my beta #2 is going to be, fingers crossed for Monday!!!

Me: all good
    DH: dx azoo 8/3/09 found out DH has CBAVD due to Cystic Fibrosis on 8/18/09
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: start stims 9/4/09, ER/MESA 9/15/09, ET 9/20/09 Transferred 2 GREAT Blasts!

Baby Boy was born on 5/14/10 at 36w 3d
    (induced due to IUGR, 4 lbs 15 oz but perfectly developed and healthy)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

FET#1: start Lupron 9/25/11, FET 10/20/11
    Transferred two 6 day hatching Blasts!
    Beta #1 on 11/3/11 BFN

FET#2: start Lupron 11/20/11, FET 12/15/11
  • Options
    The ranges based on how many you have is quite large and overlap (see betabase.info), so betas are tough to decifer.  They say the rate of rise is more important than the actual #.  Mine for twins (ex #2) were almost exactly double what they were for one, but this is not always the case.  Best of luck!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

• Options
    my betas were 30 at 12dpo, 90 at 14dpo and 173 at 16dpo.  i am 15 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins.
  • Options
    check out betabase.  They have a database of betas and break them down into twin and singleton gestation.  Shows the wide range of betas as well as the huge overlap for single and twin pregnancy in the early stages.  If you click on a particular dpo day, it will show you how many fell into each value.  Pretty cool.  They also have a tool to calculate your doubling time, if you're too lazy like me.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"