Adoption

It's go time

Well, I posted a while ago about birth mom and her insurance issues. State regulations say that birth mom can't be sanctioned (cut off) while pregnant so I think we are good. 

Tonight we are at hospital with BM and should have a baby by morning. It is weird though. I don't know how to feel. I want to shelter my heart but I don't know how. We actually know BM personally so I have gone to her doctor appointments and will be here the whole time. She has not told hospital she has an adoption plan. She doesn't want to be told she is wrong about her decision (she has four other children under 7).  She is very headstrong so she doesn't take much crap from people so I imagine that's why she hasn't told nurses. So they have asked her if she plans on BF or formula. They freaked out when she said bottle but would like to pump so then she told them she would breast feed after the baby is born. I know it is best for baby but I feel a little awkward. I know I should get over it and be grateful but I really just want this to be over because I am so apprehensive on if she will go through with this. Thanks for listening.  

Re: It's go time

• Hun I am sending Good Thoughts and A LOT of hugs your way. Hopefully you are right and she isn't telling them her plans because she doesn't want them to try to change their mind, I am sure that is what it is. Maybe she wants to pump in case you want the bm to feed the baby. Soon you will have that beautiful baby placed in your arms and you will be home and a family. Congrats and Good Luck!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Good Luck! I hope everything goes smoothly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I should say that although we have known her for years (she was previously a girl in our youth group) we were only recently reunited during this event. We are actually using an agency because I felt she needed more support and I felt more secure as well. Since we had a BM the agency cut their fees in half and waived other fees associated for home study transfer, etc. I thought BM could use more support than what a private adoption would provide. So when we got to hospital I didn't suggest calling agency though I knew we were supposed to because I wanted her to initiate some things. She called the agency director a few hours later so that was good. 

• Sending T&P that everything goes well for you, your LO and BM.
  • I'm wishing you all the best!
  • Best to you! 
    And I can't wait to hear more!
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"