April 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: Halloween was postponed!

Because of that huge snowstorm, more than half my town is out of power. So, they canceled Halloween and rescheduled it for Saturday. It's just not going to be the same. There are some parts of my county that were told power would be restored Dec 2nd.

Re: NBR: Halloween was postponed!

• Options
    Holy crap. Did they say why it would take so long to restore the grids?
    -------------------------------------
  • Options
    Halloween was "moved" to friday in our town and other surrounding towns for the same reasons....its so quiet out its almost creepy....we lost power saturday but thankfully got it back 8 hours later...there are still thousands without power and heat and have been told it might take a week :/
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They didn't say why so long, but I'm assuming it's the amount of damage. Tons of towers and lines were knocked over. I have live wires in my street and even though the company has been notified several times by multiple people, there's just that much damage. I passed multiple trucks with Ohio and Maryland plates.
  • Options

My city got very very lucky during the storm and there was almost no damage and power outages, so Halloween is happening tonight.  However, all of the surrounding towns are without power, so Halloween has been changed to Saturday night (or later depending if the power is back). 

Because we are the only city around with Halloween, I feel like we have a lot more kids this year coming from neighboring towns.

I know for CT, they said utility trucks from CA and British Columbia are on the way, but it can take more than a week to recover from all of the structural damage.

imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    wow! I'm sitting outside in a t-shirt and capris handing out candy in the 70 degree weather (and bumping at the same time, talk about efficiency).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ours is next weekend, too. There were still lines down everywhere :( We're at my parents' since our power was out 2 days and they still had trick or treat tonight, so that was a bright spot in a crappy weekend.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"