Preemies
Options

Intro

Hi girls - one of the girls on my home board suggested I come over here.

Short story is my water broke on Saturday night at 30 weeks.  We are currently in he hospital were I'm on bed rest.  So far everything has been good.  I have gotten the steroid shots and the magnesum sulfate (oh that was horrible at first).  They are pumping me full of IV's and antibiotics.  I have not been contracting at all and show no signs of infection or fetal distress.  So for us it is a huge waiting game as they say it could be hours, days or weeks. 

I had a little meltdown yesterday as I really think it hit me what is going on and I also miss my older daughter so much, but I know we are in the best possible place we can be for the baby.  

I'm sure I am going to have a lot of questions in the days to follow - so I wanted to say hello.

-Kelly

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome!  I could have written this post a few weeks ago.  My water broke at 30w5d, I started getting an infection at 31w3d, and went into labor that same day ...had the C Section that afternoon.  The good news is that you should have time to get the steroid shots for your baby's lungs before he/she arrives.  My daughter was 3 lbs. 13 oz. at birth and breathing on her own. Your baby should do very well since you are beyond 30 weeks now.  I wish you the best.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    Hope you stay infection and labor free and LO stays put! My guy was born at 29w4d after getting steroids at 27w1d. He did well and came home at 35w corrected. I hope you find the support you need here!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you girls so much!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Praying for you and your LO. Please keep us posted.

• Options

I hate that you may be joining us, but we're glad to have you.  

I'm glad that you've been able to get your steroid shots and the mag drip.  While the mag bolus sucks, the benefits are great!

Keep us posted! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"