Infertility Veterans
Options

Halloween v. Christmas

So, I asked my hubby if someone who wants children what holiday is worse, Halloween with all the cute little kids in their costumes or Christmas.  He voted Christmas..

I voted Christmas too but I'm really starting to change my mind as I see all these cute kids today...

So, what do you guys think?

::sigh::

My Wonderful Sister is my GC!!!! 3 IUIs, 2 unmedicated, 1 50mg of Clomid = All BFNs Next step IVF!!!! Melinda & Michael 5*6*06 God Bless The Broken Road

Re: Halloween v. Christmas

• Options

Definitely Christmas.

With Halloween, you see lots of cute costumes and kids for only a short moment. For Christmas, you may be surrounded by them all day b/c of family obligations, etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not sure but if x-mas is much worse than today I am not sure how I will survive.
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I vote for Christmas but, the last few Mother's Day have been pretty BAD!

I really haven't been a fan of Halloween since I moved to this town 7 years ago and thankfully DH likes to hand out candy while I do something else.

TTC #1 Since 11/08 - Dx: MFI & PCOS
    7 IUIs = All BFNs
    2011: March IVF #1.2 = e/p @ 6w: May IVF #2 = BFN: July sFET #1 = BFN

2012: Jan We're Certified FC/A Parents
    May IVF #3 = c/p
    June-Nov Foster Mommy to M (Toddler)
    July FET #2 = BFN
    Aug FET #3 = BFN
    Sept-Nov Foster Mommy to Baby Bella (Newborn)
    Nov HSG/Sono = Clear!
    Dec FET #4 = BFN

2013: Feb FET #5 = m/c @ 6.5w
    May-July Foster Mom to H (8 yr old girl)
    June/July/Aug IVF #4 = Freeze All
    July = Unofficially Adopting T (10 yr old boy)
    Sept FET #6 = TBD
    **PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
  • Options
    I vote Halloween.  I love Christmas and just spending time with my family, nothing about it bothers me.  Halloween is just annoying on top of the fact that you get hundreds of children reminding you that everyone else, yes hundreds of other couples, are perfectly able to have children.  And then you have to feed them, too.  Ya, well, I hid a whole bunch of my favorite chocolate bars, so when the bowl runs out the bowl runs out and I'm keeping my stash.  Stick out tongue

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Christmas.

Our neighborhood isn't really very kid..well, I don't want to say friendly, because that's not true but there aren't many kids in our neighborhood at all. We are in the downtown area and it is more ..artsy, maybe? than it is family oriented. 

We do have a killer howl-o-ween for dogs here, though ;) 

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options
    imagemadelyn07:

Christmas.

Our neighborhood is really very kid..well, I don't want to say friendly, because that's not true but there aren't many kids in our neighborhood at all. We are in the downtown area and it is more ..artsy, maybe? than it is family oriented. 

Hey Madelyn!!!!  I've so missed you!!!  How are you doing?  How's the new job going?

My Wonderful Sister is my GC!!!! 3 IUIs, 2 unmedicated, 1 50mg of Clomid = All BFNs Next step IVF!!!! Melinda & Michael 5*6*06 God Bless The Broken Road
  • Options
    imageBella2u07:

I really haven't been a fan of Halloween since I moved to this town 7 years ago and thankfully DH likes to hand out candy while I do something else.

I didn't even bring up Mother's Day. It's REALLY BAD...

((hugs)) to everyone feeling crappy today!!!  

• Options
    Such a toss up. But holy cow did it hit me hard. Although I'm trying to stay positive being in the 2WW and as a "waiting family" to adopt. Hope you ladies have a better night here on out.
    After DX- IF 1996-16 years old; IVF 1 5/2009 BFP! ;MC- 8 W6d- 6/2009
    DX w/ Protein S Deficiency and unexplained thin lining
    Multiple D&C's, Hysterscopy for removal of Scar Tissue, Endometrial Biopsy, 3 BFN FETs, including a year of cancelled due to lining issues (ranging 4.5 to 6.4),
    Procedure of arcuate uterus, Shocking lining development...9.2.
    Moved on to adoption 3/2011
    Homestudy approved! 6/27/2011
    Forever matched! 7/17/2012
    Precious baby boy born 7/30/2012
    SAIF & PAIF Always Welcome
  • Options

I think Christmas. Halloween is hard for me, just due to my losses, but Christmas lasts so much longer and is so much worse.

DH got the door tonight.

PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Christmas - I don't love it anyway since we don't have a ton of family traditions and I really really look forward to the day when I can start my own with my own family. Now it just feels like DH and I are still kids going somewhere else for Christmas morning since we don't have any kids we're always the easiest to move around rather than having family breakfast and gift opening with our family.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    imageBella2u07:

Yah, Mother's Day is up there for me too. Also losing my mom 2 yrs ago three weeks before Mother's Day is adding more insult to injury.

• Options

Christmas is the worst because it's a whole season torture.  Shopping and seeing little kids in line for santa, daily reminders of what i don't have in my mailbox in the form of adorable holiday cards, lots of family gatherings with my cute baby cousins and due dates in december and january.  Add in out b-days in December which remind us we are a year older and still not parents.

Christmas wins.

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options
    imageM&MBride0506:
    imagemadelyn07:

Christmas.

Our neighborhood is really very kid..well, I don't want to say friendly, because that's not true but there aren't many kids in our neighborhood at all. We are in the downtown area and it is more ..artsy, maybe? than it is family oriented. 

Hey Madelyn!!!!  I've so missed you!!!  How are you doing?  How's the new job going?

Hi :) 

I've been so, so busy. No time for anything like bumping any more! 

I'm doing well, thanks for asking. 

The job is fabulous! I love it! So busy but so good. 

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options
    Christmas...but Bella is right, Mother's Day is the worst.  Although, I am just realizing that I now hate Halloween too! 
    I am AMA and all tests on H came back normal
    3 failed IVF with OE and 2 failed frozen DE cycles
    Last fresh hail mary DE cycle starting Feb 2013
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome
  • Options
    This year I was actually okay for Halloween, that is not always the case though.  I am not sure I can pick between the two, every holiday can be bad.  It just reminds you of what you are missing and the way things should be.  Although, all 4 of my losses were early I am acculately aware of how old my babies would be (or that I would be 18 weeks pregnant right now).  Thanksgiving has even been hard for me, especially the years my niece and nephew are here.  Thankfully, they won't be this year. 
  • Options
    We are Jewish so Christmas is not a holiday I celebrate, so I vote for Halloween
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I don't have a problem w/ Halloween or Christmas. I guess b/c we have so many traditions I look forward to every year. Sure, there is a little bit of saddness but overall I'm happier during the holidays. My vote goes to Mother's Day. Every year on Mother's Day my church does a parent/baby dedication for all the newborn's and it is so painful to watch. I think for the past two years I haven't went to the service on Mother's Day.

After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
    Forever our's October 17th 2012
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"