2nd Trimester

bumping my belly

Okay, I have a question. I'm normally a clumsy person anyways but likely it has be getting worse.  This morning at work, I accidently opened a filing cabinet drawer & it hit my my belly.  Then later today, I was at the grocery store & wasn't watching were I was going & the buggy hit a stand & my belly hit the cart handle.  I'm 19 weeks tomorrow & was wondering if I'm stressing over nothing or should I be concerned about the hits my belly has taken today.  Thanks!

Re: bumping my belly

• If you keep doing it call the doctor... otherwise you should be ok.
  • Doesn't sound like they have been hard bumps. Your LO is fairly protected in there so I wouldnt be overly concerned but I would try to be a bit more careful. If any one particular bump has you concerned then definitely call your OB.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that's the biggest thing I've had to adjust to over the past few weeks -- I have been seriously misjudging the amount of space I have to move through, because I'm not used to accounting for the belly. In a crowded coffee shop last weekend I actually managed to belly-smack some poor guy in the back of the head because I'm so used to sliding between tightly packed chairs while going sideways. Oops!

As someone else said, your belly is pretty well padded in there, so if the bumps are relatively gentle, your baby should be fine. Just don't make it a habit! 

• I wouldn't worry about it. I've bumped my belly into the cart at the store, knocked it with doors, bumped it on the pews at church, and been pounced by my 55lb dog. Not to mention been climbed on, poked prodded and stood on by my toddler. LO is well protected in there! You can relax!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a fall down a couple of stairs in the garage a few weeks ago and the Dr said not to worry about it as long as there isn't any spotting. Baby is protected by so much so they are usually fine. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"