Breastfeeding

Mastitis

Taken in my ear, my temp is 102.2. I have chills, feel achy, and have a sore reddened spot on my breast.  At this point I have to assume I need an antibiotic and home treatment is not going to work correct?  Never had this with my daughter and it sucks.  The odd thing is that the pain in my breast isn't all that bad at the moment, but I don't think it can be the flu since I had  a flu shot.

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

Re: Mastitis

• Definitely sounds like Mastitis. I got up to 102.5, had chills, awful headache and sore red boob. I ended up getting so sick and dizzy and went into the ER, my heartrate was 155 so they took me back right away LoL (hows that for not having to wait in the ER waiting room). I would say when there is a temp that high there is an infection and you need antibiotics. Sooner the better because I went downhill very quickly! Good Luck

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• When I got mastitis the pain wasn't that bad, but I had fever and chills.  Sounds like you need antibiotics.
  • Loading the player...
  • Fever usually equals infection...call your doc.  I got mastitis on Friday night, sickest I have ever been.  Serious chills, vomiting, 103.3 degree fever, terrible headache and a sore, hard boob!  If you let it go it will only get worse.  Get to the doc ASAP!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mastitis is definitely something you want to have your doctor look into. Fever, chills, achiness, hardness/redness on breast are the signs. Typically one course of antibiotics is all it takes to get rid of the infection.

Call your doc and good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"