TTC after 35
Options

What I had to watch yesterday

I went to a bar to watch a football game.  So my friend's pregnant wife (I don't like the woman) decides to come with him.  It is a very crowded place and there is so much bumping and people can barely move.  First of all, I don't believe that pregnant woman should be in a place like that.  I told DH that if I was pregnant that I would stop going even though it means that I won't be able to watch the game with my friends (we have watched every game there for over 10 years).  There was one seat left, right beside me.

On the way to the game, I told DH that when I get a positive I will not have one drink ever.  I explained that I understand that many people do and it is probably fine but I personally would not do that.  During the game, the bartender sent us a free pitcher of beer.  The pregnant woman was the first to pour herself a drink and then exclaim that she did not feel that she should have to deny herself just because she was pregnant.

I wanted to cry.  The one baby free place in my life was invaded.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What I had to watch yesterday

• Options
    Oh good Lord, I'm sorry you had to go through that.  It's hard seeing a woman treat her pregnancy with such a cavalier attitude when you want nothing more than to be in her position.  Hopefully she won't be there next Sunday! 
    m/c at 6 wks 2002
    Endometriosis, s/p lap 2009
    Behcet's disease, s/p partial vulvectomy 2010
    Started bromocriptine to lower prolactin level 2010
    Clear HSG 11/2010 :)
    DH morphology = 4, rest of SA looked good 01/2011
    02/2011 First Clomid 50mg cycle
    BFP 03/02/2011
    No heartbeat at 10w5d 04/18/2011; D&C 04/23/2011
    07/2011 Second Clomid 50mg cycle, BFN
    08/2011 Third Clomid 50mg cycle, BFN
    10/2011 First Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    11/2011 Second Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    12/2011 Third Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFFN
    01/2012 Fourth Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = ?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    As much as I think that pregnant women should be allowed to drink an occasional beer and watch football in a bar without being judged, I totally understand how much that situation must have sucked for you. I hate it when our "safe" zones are unexpectedly invaded by pregnant women or babies. Sorry you had to deal with that.

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepillowass:
    As much as I think that pregnant women should be allowed to drink an occasional beer and watch football in a bar without being judged, I totally understand how much that situation must have sucked for you. I hate it when our "safe" zones are unexpectedly invaded by pregnant women or babies. Sorry you had to deal with that.

If it was a normal bar then I would not have had a problem with it.  It is just that it sometimes gets so crowded that the fire marshall will shut it down.  Also, it was my beer.  The bartender sent it to DH and me with two straws.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageCountry Girl in the City:

imagepillowass:

If it was a normal bar then I would not have had a problem with it.  It is just that it sometimes gets so crowded that the fire marshall will shut it down.  Also, it was my beer.  The bartender sent it to DH and me with two straws.

OK THAT is unacceptable, pregnant or not. Now I am wishing her spider veins and stretch marks.  Smile

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCountry Girl in the City:
    I get a positive I will not have one drink ever.  I explained that I understand that many people do and it is probably fine but I personally would not do that.  During the game, the bartender sent us a free pitcher of beer.  The pregnant woman was the first to pour herself a drink and then exclaim that she did not feel that she should have to deny herself just because she was pregnant.

I wanted to cry.  The one baby free place in my life was invaded.

Surprise 
  • Options
    ((Hugs))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKZ2010:
    Oh good Lord, I'm sorry you had to go through that.  It's hard seeing a woman treat her pregnancy with such a cavalier attitude when you want nothing more than to be in her position.  Hopefully she won't be there next Sunday! 

This! 

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"