VBAC

Hired my doula!

I was very unsure if I should find one or not but after hearing stories on here and other boards I finally decided, that for me personally I would need a doula. I talked to her today and she made me feel so much better about my choosing a VBAC, she's about the first supportive person, besides on here, that I have found. She charges $600, so while DH and I are short on cash this time of the year I will do anything to pay for her including using my upcoming birthday and Christmas money. I'm just so thankful to find someone, INR, that I can finally talk to about my fears and the emotional healing from my c-section! I am more excited about this birth now than I have been in awhile! Thanks for all the great information and support you ladies provide!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hired my doula!

• Hooray!  I remember thinking I didn't "need" a doula but figured she couldn't hurt. She ended up being indispensable!  It can definitely be done without one, but all the extra support before and during labor was huge for me.  Congrats on finding her!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, I definitely credit my doula with being a HUGE factor in being able to have my VBAC.  I had such a long labor and she was amazing and between her helping me through things, and the midwives having faith in me... both were indispensable. 
    Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"