Trying to Get Pregnant

First Time User - Ovulation Predictor Test Question

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting, and I am new to the site, so please forgive me if I don't have all the shorthand down!

My DH and I have been TTC for 3 months, and decided this cycle to try an ovulation predictor kit. I read some reviews on this site, and tried the Target Brand - Similar to "Answer" - Ovulation Predictor Kit. (One where you dip the stick in the cup) I have been following the directions and testing every day at the same time. I typically have a 28 day cycle, so I started testing around day 10 of my cycle. I didn't see a "spike" or "a line as dark as or darker than the control line" until day 17. But I had a dark line on Day 17, 18, and 19. On day 20, there was still a dark second line, but it was obviously lighter than the previous days.

Since this is my first time using something like this, I was hoping someone out there may have some guidance as to whether this is normal, or if I messed up the test. I know once the like is "as dark as or darker than the control line" you are likely to ovulate within 36 hours... but I didn't expect to have 3 days of a "surge".  Thanks in advance! :)

Re: First Time User - Ovulation Predictor Test Question

• You might have caught the surge at the very beginning and it lasted 3 days. I don't think that's anything to be too concerned about.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Falling in Love!  November 2014
  • Sounds fairly normal.  Good luck to you.  I had two days of positives this cycle.  Three days isn't anything to be alarmed about.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the feedback! I had read that people can miss their surge, so thought I may have done something wrong! This is very encouraging. Just to be on the safe side, we have been doing the BD every other day, and then every day the "surge" was indicated on the OPT.. so fingers crossed!!

Thanks again ladies!! This board is so informative! Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"