Washington Babies

So unprepared!

I had a very vivid dream last night that I went in to labor at 32 weeks and it's got me freaked out.  I am 28 weeks tomorrow and realized we are so unprepared. 

The "nursery" is the junk room: it needs painted, we need a matress and a dresser and to overhaul where the crap will be stored.

We have looked but made no decisions on daycare for #2.  Not even on any waiting lists!  We want a nanny or an in home and they don't know their availability yet; that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. 

Everything from W is still in storage and I don't even know what we have/got rid of/need to replace.

It's OK, right?  I can prepare for a baby in 12 weeks, with the holidays and being huge and uncomfortable, right?

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12

Re: So unprepared!

• Welcome to my world, sister. And I am a week behind you. I'm going to be 27 weeks in three days and the rooms have barely been started (we have furniture and paint, but that's it) and every time C says "it will get done," I want to stab him. I ran out of energy about 32 weeks last time (never mind that I gave birth at 38), which doesn't give me a very big window if that's the case again, and I wasn't chasing a 2-year-old before!

I am determined to get the rooms done by Thanksgiving room (at least Collin moved into his and all of the big work done in Bean's) and if not, THEN I will have a nervous breakdown. I am trying to get some Christmas shopping done now so I won't be as rushed and trying to navigate the mall while huge and cranky. And I have people wanting to buy Collin's clothes and have not even finished sorting them let alone taking pics and posting them in albums to get them sold. I want it done, but I also want a nap. OK, I'm done ranting now.

My point is that you have company in your misery, and we WILL get it done, right??? GO US!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • You'll somehow do it! :)

We moved when I was 30 weeks pg and finished unpacking at the new house by 34 weeks. Since then I somehow got the baby's room mostly finished (using as a guest room until after Christmas) and I think we have everything we need... I guess we'll find out when we bring her home! I keep thinking I was way more prepared for DD #1, but I guess since I've done it before it'll be easier. haha! We'll find out! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You have plenty of time!  And, if it makes you feel any better, our nursery was half nursery half storage room for tons of crap until Lucy was 12 weeks old and started sleeping in there.  We didn't use it at all the first few months.  

Just remember how little they truly need those first few weeks/months. Seriously, some clothes, diapers, a crib/co-sleeper/bassinet in your room (if you want that), and food.

I bet that once you guys get started, you can have things in good shape in a weekend. 

• Eeek, sounds like we were when pg with Walker.  Make a list, so you can prioritize what you have to do, and what dh has to do.  Once you start it wont seem too bad, and you can see when things get done. Just remember all they need is a safe place to sleep, so if the room isn't finished dont get discouraged. 

How much time are you taking off when baby comes?  I am not help in the childcare section, but I am sure it will all get figured out.

• imageAlli923:

You have plenty of time!  And, if it makes you feel any better, our nursery was half nursery half storage room for tons of crap until Lucy was 12 weeks old and started sleeping in there.  We didn't use it at all the first few months.  

Just remember how little they truly need those first few weeks/months. Seriously, some clothes, diapers, a crib/co-sleeper/bassinet in your room (if you want that), and food.

I bet that once you guys get started, you can have things in good shape in a weekend. 

This is totally what I'm relying on, too. GAH.  14w3d left to go, and we're also pretty darn unprepared!

That said, I am certain it is possible to finish in time! Just make sure to prioritize the important things...!

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I wouldn't stress too much.  We moved in Jan, and DS shared his room with our extra boxes of "crap we don't have anywere to put" until he started walking a couple of months ago.  I finally ended up doing something about it bx we needed somewhere completely babyproofed that he could play in the morning while we got ready for work.

image'>image

• You have SO much time left!!

I sort of want to come do baby's room for you! Yes???

• You'll get it done, lady. He doesn't need that much at first, and you still have tons of time! Let me know if you need/want any help!
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• imageKNemo:
    You'll get it done, lady. He doesn't need that much at first, and you still have tons of time! Let me know if you need/want any help!

imageJRS72206:

You have SO much time left!!

You know, I was kinda thinking of having a painting/decorating party!  I'll keep ya posted for sure cuz that would be fun!

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • imageWatchPot:

imageKNemo:
    You'll get it done, lady. He doesn't need that much at first, and you still have tons of time! Let me know if you need/want any help!

imageJRS72206:

That would be fun, why didn't I think of that? I'm sure DH would have been grateful for help putting the 3500 leaves on the tree of our wall mural. Stick out tongue

You know, I was kinda thinking of having a painting/decorating party!  I'll keep ya posted for sure cuz that would be fun!

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Also, you definitely have time. I was the same way with day care before Max was born--wanted to figure it out ahead of time, but no one was going to hold a spot for me that far in advance. I ended up booking a spot at a center, letting it go when I thought I was getting laid off, then finding a great in-home place when it turned out I still had a job. The right day care situation will fall into place!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • imageWatchPot:

imageKNemo:

imageJRS72206:

I am so in! 

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• imageWatchPot:

imageKNemo:

imageJRS72206:

Yes! Super fun! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"