May 2012 Moms

Let's get to know you!

I don't know if one of these has been done on this board before but let's play a little game of Let's get to know you! Of course, if any questions are too personal, or make you feel uncomfortable, feel free to answer them vaguely or not at all!

1. Where do you reside?

2. How old are you? 

3. Marital Status?

4. What do you do for work?

5. How did you react to your BFP?

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc?

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other?

I'll stop here at 7, I can't think of much more, and would love to see more get to know you questions added on the board today :)

My answers:

1. Rhode Island, USA

2. 25

3. Married for just over a year.

4. I'm a SGT in the Army.

5. I didn't believe it and barely had my pants up as I ran out of the bathroom to ask my husband if he saw the line too.

6. My 3rd pregnancy and hopefully my first child.

7. I would love a boy, my husband and FIL think it's a girl though. I hope for healthy and full term!

married 9/2010
DS1 11/2010 (angel)
DS2 5/2012
DS3 4/2015
New baby 6/2020

Re: Let's get to know you!

• 1. Where do you reside? Eastern Shore of Maryland.

2. How old are you? 29.

3. Marital Status? Married since May 14!

4. What do you do for work? I'm an attorney, doing mostly child custody work right now. I know, ironic, right?

5. How did you react to your BFP? Even though it was planned and very much wanted, I still freaked out for like a week. I didn't even tell my husband til the day after I found out haha.

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? Numero uno.

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Not gonna lie, I'd love to have a girl. But I obviously won't be heartbroken over having a boy. I just want him or her to be happy and healthy!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Where do you reside? North Carolina

2. How old are you?  25

3. Marital Status?  Married for 3 years

4. What do you do for work? Family/Youth Program development/management

5. How did you react to your BFP? Dropped to my knees and prayed right there that it wasn't a dream (we had only really been trying for 4 months, but I was SHOCKED that it happened so soon) and that this baby would be healthy.

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 1st!

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I don't, but DH hopes for a boy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Where do you reside?  Illinois

2. How old are you? 42

3. Marital Status?  Married July 21, 2011

4. What do you do for work?  Payroll Administrator

5. How did you react to your BFP?  Couldn't believe it, had to wake up husband and tell him. 

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc?  3rd

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other?  Yes, I want a girl so bad, although of course I'd be happy either way.  I have two boys

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Where do you reside? Omaha, Nebraska

2. How old are you? 26

3. Marital Status?Getting married next Friday (11-11-11)

4. What do you do for work? Setting up contracts for security and telecommunication infrastructure

5. How did you react to your BFP? I kind of knew, but was still excited, and a little nervous

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 1st

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Fiance and I both want a boy first then a girl, but will take whatever God blesses us with.

• 1. Where do you reside? Honolulu, Hawaii

2. How old are you? 27

3. Marital Status? Married, just had our first anniversay Oct 22!!

4. What do you do for work? Stay at home mommy-to-be

5. How did you react to your BFP? Super excited, ran in and told DH at 5 A.M.

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 2nd pregnancy

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Would love either one but kinda leaning towards a girl.

• imagepnkfaerie:

1. Where do you reside? Near Atlanta Georgia

2. How old are you?  Early 20's

3. Marital Status? Married- We just celebrated our 1 year on October 16th!

4. What do you do for work? Well....right now I work as a makeup artist to pay the bills. However, I also work in advocacy/counseling full time as an intern. I consider the latter more my 'work' as it is what I want to be doing.

5. How did you react to your BFP? I was over the moon excited, then terrified, and than elated to be a mom.

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? Yes, this is 1st pregnancy!

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I don't. I really don't care one way or the other....DH wants a boy 1st though!

image imageimage
  • 1. Where do you reside?  Southern New Jersey (not anything like the Jersey shore! I actually live around all farmland...)

2. How old are you?  25... well, 26 in 3 weeks!

3. Marital Status? Married since May 2009

4. What do you do for work? I am a CPA and I currently work as a corporate income tax analyst for a Swiss company

5. How did you react to your BFP? I was excited / nervous... but I kind of brushed it off... and went on throughout my day like nothing happened! haha

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 2nd pregnancy... but my first child. We m/c in June.

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Well... I feel horrible if I actually admit to it, but I REALLY want a girl! I would be totally happy with either sex though... healthy & happy is all thats important!  :-)

• 1. Where do you reside? Bay Area, CA

2. How old are you?  29

3. Marital Status? Married, our first anniversary is next week.

4. What do you do for work? I do administrative work at a community college

5. How did you react to your BFP? I was shocked, this was only our 2nd cycle TTC. After the shock I was elated!

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 2nd, my DS is 13 years old. This is the 1st for DH.

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? DH wants a boy and I am impartial. I would love to raise another boy but think it would be fun to experience a girl. I'll be happy with either!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• 1. Where do you reside? Northern California

2. How old are you? 28

3. Marital Status? Married

4. What do you do for work? I work for a retail corporation as a merchandise assistant. I assist the buyers.

5. How did you react to your BFP? I was excited and nervous.

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I sort of hope for a Girl, but would just be thrilled with a healthy baby.

• 1. Where do you reside?  New York, right outside NYC

2. How old are you? 29 till Dec

3. Marital Status? Married in '09

4. What do you do for work? I was an elem. teacher till I had DD now i'm a part time SAHM and PT sub teacher.

5. How did you react to your BFP?  Somewhat surprised and skeptical.   we tried for 10 months and had 2 m/c.  I thought we had missed our window that month.  When I saw it was pos, I was too afraid to get excited.  :o)

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc?  2nd kid, 4th pg.

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? While I'm really totally completely in love with our baby girl name, I really don't have a preference.  Yes, one of each would be nice, but for DD to have a sister would be awesome too.  Plus, we're planning on a 3rd so there's always time for "one of each" lol

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • imageCMattus:

1. Where do you reside?  Southern New Jersey (not anything like the Jersey shore! I actually live around all farmland...)

3. Marital Status? Married since May 2009

4. What do you do for work? I am a CPA and I currently work as a corporate income tax analyst for a Swiss company

5. How did you react to your BFP? I was excited / nervous... but I kind of brushed it off... and went on throughout my day like nothing happened! haha

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 2nd pregnancy... but my first child. We m/c in June.

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Well... I feel horrible if I actually admit to it, but I REALLY want a girl! I would be totally happy with either sex though... healthy & happy is all thats important!  :-)

When is your bday? Mine is in 3 weeks too, on the 20th!

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• 1. Where do you reside? Michigan

2. How old are you? 31 

4. What do you do for work? Project Manager

5. How did you react to your BFP? Disbelief, I didn't think the fertility drugs actually worked

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Nope!

• 1. Where do you reside? Wisconsin

2. How old are you? 31

4. What do you do for work? I'm a researcher/data analyst at a marketing agency

5. How did you react to your BFP? The first test was so faint I thought I was imagining it, then my hubby said, "I think I see a second line, do you?" We waited a few days and sure enough, it got brighter. We both really thought our imaginations had gotten the best of us and didn't want to get our hopes up, but here I am!

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 1st pregnancy

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? We are hoping for a little girl, although, obviously, a healthy baby is always a great thing.

• 1. Where do you reside?  Southern New Jersey (not anything like the Jersey shore! I actually live around all farmland...)

4. What do you do for work? I work in IT.

5. How did you react to your BFP? Thrilled but, surprised.  I miscarried exactly a month earlier and was just planning to test weekly until I got my first post-m/c period. 

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 3rd pregnancy.  2nd child.

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I don't have a preference.  I have a 5 yr old daughter.  I think my husband would love to have a little boy, though.

• 1. Where do you reside? WA state

2. How old are you?  35

3. Marital Status? Married - 6yrs

4. What do you do for work? Mortgage Loan processor

5. How did you react to your BFP? Shocked- this was not planned.  Excited now though.

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 3rd.

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Either.  We have one of each.  They are both so much fun.

___________________________________________________________________ Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• 1. Where do you reside? MA

2. How old are you?  29

4. What do you do for work? 2nd grade teacher

5. How did you react to your BFP? surprised, scared, excited...It was our 2nd cycle TTCAL

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc?  1st

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Nope!  I just want a healthy baby, but I'm dying to know if it's a boy or a girl!

• 1. Where do you reside? MA

2. How old are you?  32

3. Marital Status? married

4. What do you do for work? HR Consultant

5. How did you react to your BFP? Utter shock, even though we had been trying for years and working with an RE.  I really didn't think it would happen for us.

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? technically 3rd, but the first two were very early losses.

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? We would be thrilled with either but if I had to pick, I'd pick a boy

***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12

• 1. Where do you reside? Niceville, FL

2. How old are you?  24

4. What do you do for work? DoD Tech Writer

5. How did you react to your BFP? Disbelief and Excitement

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I kind of want a girl, but I will be completely happy with either or. 

Photobucket

• 1. Where do you reside?  CT (NYC suburbs) by way of  NJ

2. How old are you?  32

4. What do you do for work? I am a location makeup artist.

5. How did you react to your BFP? I was so excited, but it turned out to be very bittersweet, because the same day I got my BFP my Grandmother passed away.  I know she's watching over me and my baby and keeping us safe! 

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc?  1st  

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I will be happy with either a boy or girl.  

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• 1. Where do you reside? Just about as far south in Texas as you can get

2. How old are you? 34

3. Marital Status? Married for just over 1 year

4. What do you do for work? DH and I manage a family business

5. How did you react to your BFP? We were charting, so I kinda knew, but immediately showed DH the stick :)

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 2nd preg, but lost our 1st in May

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Yes and no.  We really just want this to be our first take home baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageMcKBaby:

5. How did you react to your BFP? I was so excited, but it turned out to be very bittersweet, because the same day I got my BFP my Grandmother passed away.  I know she's watching over me and my baby and keeping us safe!

very sorry about your grandmother! She's most definitely watching over you and your little one!

married 9/2010
    DS1 11/2010 (angel)
    DS2 5/2012
    DS3 4/2015
    New baby 6/2020
  • imagecmb820:

1. Where do you reside? South Texas on the Coast

2. How old are you? 29.

3. Marital Status? Married January 29 2011

4. What do you do for work? I am a national Sales Rep for five tv stations.

5. How did you react to your BFP? I surprisingly was pretty calm. We were trying so I wasn't too shocked.

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? Number 1.

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Not gonna lie, I'd love to have a girl. But I obviously won't be heartbroken over having a boy. I just want him or her to be happy and healthy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • imagemelisdf:

1. Where do you reside? Just about as far south in Texas as you can get

2. How old are you? 34

3. Marital Status? Married for just over 1 year

4. What do you do for work? DH and I manage a family business

5. How did you react to your BFP? We were charting, so I kinda knew, but immediately showed DH the stick :)

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 2nd preg, but lost our 1st in May

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Yes and no.  We really just want this to be our first take home baby!

I am in S TX too. What city are you in? I am in CC

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • .Hello!  This is my first post on the May Board.  

Where do you reside? Near Syracuse, NY

2. How old are you?  33

3. Marital Status? Married for 8 years

4. What do you do for work?  Travel wholesaler ( I Sell Vacations to Travel agents.)

5. How did you react to your BFP?  We were trying and very happy!

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 3rd pregnancy, 2nd child

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other?  I have reasons for wanting a boy and wanted a girl - so either one would be great.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Where do you reside? CT

2. How old are you? Just turned 31!

3. Marital Status? Married for 2 years and just about a week now!

4. What do you do for work? Children's Librarian in my local public library :-)

5. How did you react to your BFP? Couldn't believe it. Woke my DH up at 5AM to look at the test because one of the lines was fainter than the other. Cried while saying, "No way... no way..." It was our first "try" since I went on Weight Watchers and lost 100 lbs (January). We had tried a few times before that, but both decided we both needed to get to healthier weights before getting pregnant/becoming parents! We weren't successful in conceiving before - it may have been due to my weight, but I'm not sure... so in the back of my mind, I had worried there may be conception issues so getting the BFP fairly quickly after we decided to try was like, "This can't be real!"

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 1st :-)

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Not really. In the beginning, I was hardcore GIRL. Now the idea of a daughter OR a son is just so exciting to me! There are perks for both (but oh man, little girl clothes are just the cutest!)

--Danielle :-)
  • 1. Where do you reside?  Across the lake from New Orleans.

2. How old are you?  31

3. Marital Status? Married 

4. What do you do for work? super mom

5. How did you react to your BFP? shock. it was our first IUI and I had a BFN the day before but took another at my drs request. i was so sure I wasn't pg that I thought my internet cheapie test was malfunctioning and I took a digital.

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc?  2 pregnancy, 2&3 babies

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I'm hoping it's one of each.

side note-while will google chrome not let me bold or unbold things?!?! it's a pita. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagepnkfaerie:

imageMcKBaby:

very sorry about your grandmother! She's most definitely watching over you and your little one!

Thank you, that's very sweet of you to say!

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• 1. Where do you reside? Maryland

2. How old are you?  25

3. Marital Status? Married since Aug 13, 2011

4. What do you do for work? front desk receptionist

5. How did you react to your BFP? was quite calm

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 1st!

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Kinda hoping for a boy.... But i'll be happy with either!

• 1. Where do you reside? Utah

2. How old are you?  22

3. Marital Status? Happily Married since Sept. '08

4. What do you do for work? SAHM, Homemaker.. pretty much Super Mom. lol

5. How did you react to your BFP? I knew I was pregnant so I took one test and it was neg. The next day I took another and it was positive.. I had to wait for DH to get home from work before I told him, that was hard so I called him. :) Very excited!

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 4th pregnancy, 2 kids and 1 mc

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I'm hoping for a boy and a girl :) but if its 2 boys or 2 girls I will be just as excited!

• 1. Where do you reside? Twin Cities, MN

2. How old are you? 29

3. Marital Status? married 4 years in August.

4. What do you do for work? Architect, client is large retail

5. How did you react to your BFP? I was surprised, but knew something was up. I had been charting and felt different during the 2 week wait. I reacted MUCH more strongly upon learning we are having twins!

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 1st, and since there are two will be my last :)

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I would love a boy and a girl, since we are pretty sure they are fraternal, but with all that will go on from now until birth I will be thrilled for healthy babies.

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• 1. Where do you reside? Missouri

2. How old are you? 29

3. Marital Status? Married for 7 years

4. What do you do for work? Accounting

5. How did you react to your BFP? Shocked at first since we had just started trying, but so excited!

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? My 3rd

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I have one of each already so a healthy baby is what I am hoping for.

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Where do you reside? Northern NJ about 12 miles outside of NYC

2. How old are you?  25

3. Marital Status? 2 years on Nov 28!

4. What do you do for work? I design/merchandise jewelry for a wholesale costume jewelry company. My accounts include Kohl's, Old Navy, and Chico's Outlet

5. How did you react to your BFP? I was in shock, I didn't believe it.

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 2nd if you count my M/C

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I don't hope persay, but it would be nice to add a girl to our family. So far all of my parent's grandchildren are boys!

1st BFP- March 2011. Natural MC @ 8 weeks
    2nd BFP- July 2011.  Chemical Pregnancy
    3rd BFP- Sep 2011. My beautiful son was born May 2012.
    4th BFP-August 2014- Due May 12, 2015

•  

1. Where do you reside? Illinois

2. How old are you?  24

4. What do you do for work?  I make applique sweatshirts for a friend of the family

5. How did you react to your BFP? I took the hpt early one morning before DH left for work so we were both still half asleep and it hardly seemed real but once it sank in that it really said pregnant we were very excited!

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 1st pregnancy

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? We are fine with either as long as he/she is healthy. We both think its a girl and a close friend of mine also thinks its a girl.

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagepnkfaerie:

1. Where do you reside? Seattle area

2. How old are you? Just turned 28 this month

3. Marital Status? Married for a year this August

4. What do you do for work? Associate teacher (part time teacher, part time assistant), grad school student, aspiring art teacher

5. How did you react to your BFP? Schock. I kind of knew, but it happened really fast. Hubby saw the double lines and ran!

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I can't lie, I really want a girl. Of course, cliche answer, I'm just focused on a healthy baby.

• 1. Where do you reside? Columbus, OH (in the 'burbs)

2. How old are you? 26

3. Marital Status? Married (May 24, 2008)

4. What do you do for work? I teach reading and kindergarten intervention!

5. How did you react to your BFP? I was so surprised and happy!  I didn't believe it at first so (just like many others), I had to take more than 1 test!

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 1st!!

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? I know this is cliche, but I just want a healthy baby!  I've always wanted a boy and a girl so it really doesn't matter which comes first!

• 1. Where do you reside? texas.

2. How old are you? 24

3. Marital Status? not married. :)

4. What do you do for work? FT student, FT asst.

5. How did you react to your BFP? shocked!

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? boy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. Where do you reside? Louisiana

2. How old are you?  24

3. Marital Status? Newlywed! Married July 9, 2011

4. What do you do for work? I'm the admissions coordinator and handle all intake and referrals for a physical rehabilitation hospital

5. How did you react to your BFP? tears of joy... DH was in shock and a little denial! (it was our first cycle "not NOT trying", and we'd only been married for a month)

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? It's my 2nd, but our first together.  I have a 4 year old from a previous relationship.

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? He wants a boy, I want a girl... I'll honestly be thrilled with either!

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • 1. Where do you reside? Northern California

2. How old are you? 27

3. Marital Status? Married for 2 years as of last month

4. What do you do for work? Account executive at an ad agency

5. How did you react to your BFP? I was shaking and crying and ecstatic and scared.

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? my husband really wants a boy and I'm just happy to have a baby!

• imagepnkfaerie:

1. Where do you reside? Hudson Valley area of NY

2. How old are you? 20

3. Marital Status? Engaged; getting married 12/30/11

4. What do you do for work? I'm a student

5. How did you react to your BFP? Surprised, terrified. We'd only been engaged a week.

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? First

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? FI and I don't have any preference one way or the other, but I think it's a boy.

• 1. Where do you reside? CT

2. How old are you?  Almost 32

3. Marital Status? Married for just over 6 years.

4. What do you do for work? Underwrite commercial loans

5. How did you react to your BFP? We were trying and I'm pretty fertile, so just happy it only took one cycle.

6. Is this your 1st pregnancy? 2nd...3rd...etc? 3rd

7. Do you hope for one sex of the baby over the other? Hoping for a girl since we have two boys!

Julie... Mommy to a beautiful baby girl & 2 handsome boys!! image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"