November 2011 Moms
Options

first day of maternity leave - not going so well

I've already had 4 work phone calls - which then led to me checking my emails :(:(

I'm hoping this is just people learning to adjust w/o me and doesn't continue! Oh well, at least I am on the couch in my PJ's. I also had visions of myself cleaning the house top to bottom on maternity leave. Instead I don't feel like moving!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: first day of maternity leave - not going so well

• Options
    Eh, you deserve at least a day of sitting on the couch in the PJs..... cleaning can happen later :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Can't people figure out work without you for a while?! I have a documented plan for while I am on maternity leave for my boss and for my two employees. They are fully on board with NOT calling me and figuring it out on their own. You are entitled to your maternity leave, I would lay down the law!

I will, however, be checking emails eventually, but that is for my own sake, so I don't come back to work to 3,000 emails!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know about that. I am still sorting my clients and I've been out 2wks. Some of them even contact me on Facebook! Yes to pp that you need at least one if not 2 pj days! The housework will always be there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ugh, no  fun!

I can empathize, though. Today is my first day and so far I have gotten the most inane questions.  I get it if it was something big or that only I know but Google could answer most of them!

DS: Born November 2011
    TTC #2 since April '13
    DH 35, Me: 34
    DX: Unexplained Secondary Infertility, Slight DOR
    Sept 14 - IUI (Clomid + Ovidrel) = BFN
    Oct 14 - IUI (Clomid + Ovidrel + Progesterone) = BFN
    Nov 14- Benched due to cysts Looking for New Doc
    Feb - IUI #3 (Letrozole + Ovridrel)
    March/April - IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - Follistim+HGH+Low Dose HCG - 11R/9M/5F - 2 8 cell 3dtransfer - BFN on April 23, 2014

• Options
    I know that to be covered by STD, I legally can not work while I'm out on break.  That includes email, phone calls, etc. 
  • Options

I'm done on Friday and I SO plan to not answer my phone for work.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    My supervisor assured me that once I start maternity leave, I am off and she will not bother me.  I hope the others follow suit.  And I fully intend to spend the first day at home alone in my PJs watching trashy TV and eating yummy food.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So far so good today, thank goodness! Part of the problem is that work pays for my cell phone and it is listed in a few directories  - so I have to remember to not answer calls from unknown numbers - my voicemail already says I am on leave.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"