Health & Exercise
Options

Getting motivated to exercise......HELP!

Hi ladies! I need help getting motivated....I know I should be walking or swimming or doing some sort of light exercise while pregnant. My problem is I have ZERO motivation. I always assumed the second I got pregnant I'd want to work out daily but at 10 weeks, I'm finding that I am a lazy bum! I can't seem to get to the point where I want to even walk! Have any of you found this? Could you offer some advise on getting motivated? Thanks!

Re: Getting motivated to exercise......HELP!

• Options
    I love working out so much, but during my 1st tri, I too struggled with motivation. Once I got through the first 13-14 weeks, I found some motivation and got right back to it! Don't get down on yourself. If you like working out/or walking you'll get that energy back very soon. Any little bit helps, small workouts are better then nothing! Stay positive- good for you for seeking out motivation!
  • Options
    Like Crash said, just do it. At 10 weeks I didn't have much motivation to go to work, work out, or do much of anything really, but I still did it. Sometimes it isn't about motivation, rather it is about treating exercise as a non-negotiable part of your day.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've been extremely unmotivated to do anything!  And that is not like me at all.  I force myself to run or work out.  Once I get started I feel good (most of the time) and am glad I pushed myself.  Just make it a part of your day.  Hopefully it will get easier for the both of us. 

My Running Blog!

2012: Running & Race Accomplishments:

2-12-12: Riverview Winter Fest 4 mile, 34:59 8:45 pace - 23 weeks pregnant
    2-29-12: Leap Year 4 mile, 36:45 9:11 pace - 25.5 weeks pregnant
    3-11-12: Corktown 5K, 28:33 9:13 pace - 27 weeks pregnant
    3-25-12: Rock CF Island Half Marathon, 2:11:03 10:00 pace - 29 weeks pregnant
    4-16-12 Boston Marathon, deferring to 2013
    8-11-12: Run thru Hell 10 mile or 4.8 mile
    9-30-12: Brooksie Way Half Marathon
    10-21-12: Grand Rapids Marathon
    11-22-12: Detroit Turkey Trot 10K

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"