August 2011 Moms
Options

Let Down

Did anyone JUST start feeling let down recently? Apparently my milk wasn't letting down until last week (LO is 10 weeks tomorrow). Now I know why he was nursing for an hour each feeding! We finish in 20 minutes now! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Let Down

• Options
    I don't know if I am just not that in tune with my body or what but I have yet to feel a letdown and LO is 9 weeks. I know they happen because her sucking changes an I can hear her gulping really loudly after a few minutes of nursing but I don't feel anything.  She also nurses for 30-45minutes each time, and sometimes that long on both sides.  But apparently I was the same way, a very long, slow eater. It also takes me about 30minutes to pump 4-5oz from each side and I notice letdowns while pumping as far as output changes but I still don't feel them. 
  • Options

My let down happends right away. There is no pre-letdown period for me. I usually feel a tingling/stinging right before I nurse and both sides start to drip before LO even latches on.

When I pump it also starts to flow right away. My pump has a let-down button and I always push that as soon as I start because the milk is already coming out as soon as I turn on the pump.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You know, I didn't notice mine until LO was about 6 weeks old. I think I wasn't paying attention before that.
  • Options
    I'm with Amdraza on this one. And I've been able to feel it coming since LO was about 4 weeks old.
  • Options

imageetoyama:
    You know, I didn't notice mine until LO was about 6 weeks old. I think I wasn't paying attention before that.

This for me too. I kind of feel like it was happening, but I didn't really get it. Like I wasn't in tune enough to my body.

• Options
    I started feeling letdown almost right away it seem like.  In the beginning and even now sometimes my milk will letdown if I hear another baby crying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"