Pregnant after IF
Options

Weird question...what is going on with my nipples?

I feel like this is just so strange...I have had plenty of changes with my nipples (darkening, larger, and bumps on them) but yesterday I noticed that they are dry and there are pieces of skin almost like crumbling off the tip of my nipple.  So weird!  Has anyone heard of this?

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

Re: Weird question...what is going on with my nipples?

• Options
    Could it be dried up colostrum?? I haven't had that happen to me, but I read that if they're dry you can put a little lanolin on them to retain moisture.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMelicakes:
    Could it be dried up colostrum?? I haven't had that happen to me, but I read that if they're dry you can put a little lanolin on them to retain moisture.

No, it's definitely pieces of skin.  I had cocoa butter at home so I used that last night.  Pregnancy does some weird stuff to your body!

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me, not sure what it was, but was harmless. Even with mu rough delivery and loss of blood (which can really impact supply), my colostrum and milk both came in no problem :)
  • Options
    This has been happening to me, too. I just chalk it up to hormones like everything else. It is defnitely weird though.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Options
    imagelove2b_mrst:

I feel like this is just so strange...I have had plenty of changes with my nipples (darkening, larger, and bumps on them) but yesterday I noticed that they are dry and there are pieces of skin almost like crumbling off the tip of my nipple.  So weird!  Has anyone heard of this?

This has and is happening with me too.  Dr. T says it's normal and I've been using aloe gel to help soothe it.  Since I've been usin it, it hasn't been as flaky. :-)

• Options

Yup, I had that too, and in my case it wasn't leakage.  Just use a bit of lotion and you'll be all good. 

And don't worry, you boobs do eventually get back to normal!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options
    The same thing is happening to me! They just look really dry or something- so weird!

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes! The skin is sort of yellow and waxy, too. I have been putting aquqphor on them at bedtime.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options

Me too!! They've been like this for a while now. They don't bother me so I didn't bring it up at the dr, but I'm thinking I may next time just to cure my own curiosity.

At first I thought it was dried colostrum, but now I'm not so sure. I haven't seen any sign of colostrum (is that a problem?), unless that's actually what this is. I'm with you, though, it looks more like dry and cracked skin. Mine is also a little lighter than the rest of my nipple/areola as well.

thanks for posting this!

We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And HOPE does not dissappoint.
    Romans 5:3-5

~Matt and Jen~
    Married August 26, 2006
    TTC since June 2008
    Severe MFI
    IVF #1 Feb. 2011 = BFN
    IVF #2 (Long Lupron) May 2011 = BFP!!!
    Our sweet little girl, born January 26, 2012

Time for #2!

IVF #1 (Long Lupron) July 2013 = BFP!!!

Beta #1 (8/1) 203! Beta #2 (8/8) 3,677! 1st u/s scheduled for 8/15!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"