Infertility Veterans

Endometrium Biopsy and Implantation - Updated

So my RE is going to try this for our upcoming IVF.  Here is the link to the study that he read - https://www.rbej.com/content/9/1/140/abstract.

We don't think we are dealing with an implantation failure diagnosis per se, but b/c we have completed 2 IVFs and don't have a take-home baby he thinks we should do it...  pull out everything we can to increase our chances and I couldn't agree more.

Has anyone tried this or discussed it with their RE?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Endometrium Biopsy and Implantation - Updated

• I did it my last cycle with DE and here we are.  My DE clinic pretty much does it with most cycles the month before.

Good luck. 

• imagekoyn:

I did it my last cycle with DE and here we are.  My DE clinic pretty much does it with most cycles the month before.

Good luck. 

Thanks for the encouragement koyn.  AND congratulations on your twins! :)

• Loading the player...
  • i know a couple of clinics who do this.

GL cutie

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • I have not done this before but GL to you!!
    TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • I have not had it done, but my clinic also does it.  I have an IRL friend who has done it a few times (one time with a BFP).  Good Luck Mayan!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't have any real life information on this too, but wanted to wish you luck!
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I will have it done before our IVF. It is standard procedure at my clinic.
  • Interesting, first I am hearing about it.  Good luck, are you going to do it next cycle?
    I am AMA and all tests on H came back normal
    3 failed IVF with OE and 2 failed frozen DE cycles
    Last fresh hail mary DE cycle starting Feb 2013
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome
  • So the cycle right before my surprise BFP we had a biopsy as well and my RE's office thinks that is a huge reason that we were able to implant since I have had 3 failed IVFs, multiple failed IUIs and years of failed TI..They also said that they often will do biopsies around FET transfers to aid inplantation and have had good success rates.  Hoping this does the trick for you and I totally think it is worth a shot!!  Best of luck hun!

***SAIF & PAIF Welcome***

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
    DH - some MFI;

1 month clomid plus timing - BFN;
    3 months clomid + IUI - BFN BFN BFN

IVF #1 Nov/Dec 2009 - BFP - c/p;
    IVF #2.1 Jan 2011 - Converted to IUI - BFN;
    IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
    IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
    Switched RE's for IVF #4 (CCRM) Oct 2011 - Surprise BFP before starting IVF #4!
  • imagereb259:
    Interesting, first I am hearing about it.  Good luck, are you going to do it next cycle?

Thanks reb and, yes, I will have it done between days 3-5 of my next period - while stimming.

• I don't have any info for you either hun, but wanted to wish you all the luck in the world! ((Hugs))
  • I think it is pretty common here in Israel, but I think it is usually done during the luteal phase of the cycle preceding stimulation and/or transfer, rather than during the stimulation itself. I think it is definitely something worth trying, especially because there seems to be little if any downside other than a few moments of discomfort and I think the rationale behind it makes sense (that a slight injury to the endometrium will initiate an inflammatory response that will recruit immune cells to the uterus which may aid in implantation).

In the study you linked to, I think it is a little sketchy that they report a 100% pregnancy rate in the biopsy group?! There are several larger studies on the topic, though, that show a more modest but statistically significant success rate. It is something I plan on asking about for my next cycle if this round is a bust. GL, Mayan!

IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"