Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

new to charting

Hi all,

I am new to charting and have no idea what a typical month is supposed to look like.  I have search the gallery's but don't really understand.

Could someone look at my chart and tell me what you think?  Is it possible to tell by your pre O temps if you are going to O or if it will be a cycle with no O?  

I know you all are probably tired of questions like this but I am really trying to understand the who charting process and what to look for.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33734e

Thanks

Re: new to charting

• Options
    I can't say for sure since I'm also new to charting, but I do believe it will throw FF off because you have so many dates where you didn't input temps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Can you make your chart clicky? For some reason my computer isn't letting me open it.

In any case, without looking at your chart, I can try to give you a basic rundown:

Your pre-O temps cannot necessarily tell you that you are going to O, which is why many women use OPK's in addition to charting.  Some women have a temp dip prior to O, but this is certainly not a given, and should not be relied on.  Using OPK's will determine that you are gearing up to O, and the sustained elevated temps will indicate that you have O'ed.

If you are unsure of when you typically O, I would start using OPK's 2x a day starting at CD10. As soon as you start seeing increasingly fertile CM, start BDing ED or EOD, and continue to do so until about 24 hours after you have confirmed O. Be sure to BD on the days that you have positive OPK's. Does that make sense? 

If you are recently off BCP, you could be having a longer cycle, or even an anovulatory cycle.  Don't focus as much on individual temps, but on the overall pattern. HTH!  Sorry I couldn't see you chart!

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageTheBug16:
    I can't say for sure since I'm also new to charting, but I do believe it will throw FF off because you have so many dates where you didn't input temps.

Good point Bug.....you need to temp EVERY day at the same time in order for it to be accurate.  If you miss temps, it isn't going to help you much. Sad

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Options

Thanks that makes more sense.  I am using OPK's once a day so hopefully that will help me figure out the pattern.  I have been off BCP for 9 months, so hoping things will start regulating soon.

Does this link work:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33734e

• Options
    imageGermanGirl2007:

imageTheBug16:

Good point Bug.....you need to temp EVERY day at the same time in order for it to be accurate.  If you miss temps, it isn't going to help you much. Sad

I know, I am frustrated with myself that these days I didn't get temps but sometimes things are beyond our control.  Doing my best to get the hang of temping and making it work.  thanks.

• Options
    You haven't ovulated yet.  Keep temping and it will eventually become second nature.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"