Georgia Babies
Options

Maternity clothes with 2nd pregnancy?

So when did you all bust out your maternity clothes with your 2nd pregnancy?  I know I am just barely pregnant but I am bloated and want to be comfortable.  I haven't gotten them out yet.  Now that I know from last time how comfy maternity clothes are I keep wanting to get out my favorite jeans but I feel silly wearing them already.  I know I have many on here say that they showed much earlier their second time around.  I hope that happens for me because it took me forever to get a good baby bump and I felt like I just looked chubby forever.  Even when we went to my big 20 week u/s the tech couldn't believe I was that far along.
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Maternity clothes with 2nd pregnancy?

• Options

They have elastic waist non-maternity jeans at Old Navy right now! :op

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I finally got my maternity jeans out around 10.5 wks.  I was wearing a hairband around the buttons of my jeans from about 6 weeks on.  I wear skinny jeans normally but dang!  I am 14 wks now and I'm definitely bigger than last time!  I say.. be comfortable!  If you have to wear your maternity jeans with a belly band over them to make them fit more comfortably if they are a bit too big.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1:  14 weeks

2:  10 weeks

3:  8 weeks

Bust em out girl, be comfy!

• Options
    With Baliey it was 18-19 weeks before I did maternity but with Bryce it was like 10 weeks. It wasn't just bloat by then either.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so uncomfortable in my clothes right now that I broke out the bella band. It's mostly bloat but, the bottom is sticking out/hard. I think in 3-4 weeks I will give up on my regular clothes. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I ahven't gotten anything out yet. With Owen I started wearing a belly band around 10 weeks and then maternity jeans at 16 weeks. I rememember the "AAAAAAA" moment when I finally put them on. I swear I heard angels singing and saw a little light from above. They were glorious! I won't wait as long this time. I might get the belly band out soon to wear to work. I'm fine still at home, but after flying for 6 hours, the bloat gets worse and the uniform pants aren't so comfy. There really is no reason to wait, so be comfy! Get your money's worth out of those maternity clothes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrs.Guz:

They have elastic waist non-maternity jeans at Old Navy right now! :op

OMG for real?  And do they still look like real jeans or are they mom-ish? 

They definitely came out earlier w/ #2.  I think by like 10-11 weeks I was too uncomfortable to wait any longer.

• Options

12 weeks.  Last time I think I waited till more like 16ish weeks.

I busted out the maternity pants officially.  Before that it was summer time and I just wore shorts with some give to them.  By all means, use the bella band if you need to do so.  I had to go buy a bunch of new stuff this time around becuase I am big in the winter.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good question.  I'm just now getting uncomfortable and wearing a hair band on most of my pants.  But my wardrobe is very limited on what pants I can do that to.  Most of my maternity is from the summer so, I need to go out and buy some things.  I do feel like I can fit comfortably in them right now.  Ugh, and thinking about going to work tomorrow in uncomfortable pants is so unappealing right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm 14 weeks and still in my regular clothes. 
    Happy Wife and Mommy to an 9 year old girl and baby boy born April 2012. In Atlanta; Join us for a playdate, check the calendar at www.AtlantaAreaMommies.com.
  • Options
    How did I miss your announcement?!?  CONGRATS Ingrid!!!!  So happy for you guys; welcome to the madness! :)  And to answer your question, I got into maternity pants (not so much shirts; I can still wear some regular shirts if they're not too snug) around week 8-9, just to get the pressure off my stomach and ease the nausea some.  I say get the comfy jeans on and don't look back!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Totally missed your announcement so happy and healthy 9-months.  So excited for you.

With Ridge I didn't show until about 25 weeks.  With Colton I started showing about 9-hours.  Seriously, 2nd is an entirely different ballgame.  I think I started wearing maternity at about 2-months with #2.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"