Breastfeeding
Options

I'm so sad.

DS is turning 1 this week, which is reason enough for me to be emotional..

But he self-weaned pretty abruptly a couple weeks ago, which made me sad because I feel like he's decided to grow up all of a sudden...and today we are finishing up my freezer stash. 

We had a rough start and I brought in an LC at 3 weeks in and I believe that she and my pump saved me and allowed me to continue BFing DS. He LOVED nursing and I ended up loving it too and felt like a pro the last several months!

I have 2 2.5-oz bags left in my freezer right now. Is it silly that some part of me wants to save one? It'd be much better going to DS, but I can't believe I'm at this point where DS won't be getting any nutrition from me at all. I feel like no one sees this as another milestone but me. I'm proud that I made it here, and happy that he's such a big healthy boy, but I've been tearing up randomly all morning long.

He's growing up, but he'll always be my baby!

Nathan--11/4/10

...big brother to...???? Due March 2014!

Re: I'm so sad.

• Options

Congrats going that long!  Good to hear it can work out after a rough start :)

I think you definitely deserve a keepsake of your BF time together...if thats some frozen milk then hey more power to ya!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!!!!! They grow up way to fast.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"