August 2011 Moms
Options

Back to work tomorrow

Crying  MIL is staying with us for 2 months to take care of DS (she lives out of state).  She flew in yesterday, and then it hit me that my time with DS was over.  It's been a memorable 10 weeks home with DS, and I'm hoping I'll have an easy transition into being a working mom.

Any tips on staying connected with LO during the day while I'm at work?  If I'm not busy at work, I can run home during my lunch break some days.

Re: Back to work tomorrow

• Options

I have been back to work 3 wks this Wed and I cried the first week every morning. I have pictures everywhere in my ofc which helps & 3 days a week I go see her on my lunch break and that helps A LOT!!

Good luck to you!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers image image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The first day you might as well plan on being a waste.  I cried the whole time on and off and had to go see him at my mom's for lunch.  It does get a lil easier with time.  I had to come back 6w pp so I have been back awhile.  I still miss him like crazy but my babysitter sends me pics all day long so that is nice.  :) GL!!!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I went back last week. The anticipation was the worse part for me. I cried a lot the last week home. Once I actually started working, it wasn't bad at all. I kind of enjoy my time away as crazy as that sounds.

My DH is home with DS, so he sends me text updates and pictures throughout the day. I live work close to home, but I choose not to go home for lunch. I'd rather just not take a lunch and get home sooner!

Good luck!

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I also feel like the anticipation was much worse. I cried every day my last week. I cried when I got back into the car after dropping her off at daycare but that was it. It helps (in some ways, in some ways it's worse) that I'm in a new position at my same school so I know everyone but I'm really busy learning the new job. She goes to daycare 3 days/week and my aunt 2 days/wk and my aunt sends texts and pictures throughout the day so that really helps, maybe your MIL could do that for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"