Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Cloth Wipes

Does anyone use them?

Are they specific wipes? Or can you use face cloths? Can you put them in a normal wipe container? What sorta liquid do you use?

I'm thinking of slowly making the switch to cloth and thought wipes would be a good place to start since I go through a million a day!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cloth Wipes

• Options
    You can buy specific wipes or you could use face cloths. I use Grovia wipes. I think my baby face cloths would be too thin, but regular face cloths might be ok. The Grovia ones are thick and really grap the poop. I like them way better than disposables, which kind of smear it all around (especially the runny EBF poop). I use a squirt bottle (actually, a peri bottle from the hosptial) and mix a few drops of tea tree oil with water, and wet the wipe when needed. I keep them in a basket on the change table. They are about 8" square and I believe they would fit in a wipe container when folded in half.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    I use a flannel wipe with cotton on the other side. I used some receiving blankets and flannel I had and on the other side is my husbands old under shirts (the clean parts). I made them 9x9 the first batch but we found we like 8x8 better. I just have them sitting in a pile on both girl's dressers and we use a squirt bottle of water, nothing else.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRayRay007:
    You can buy specific wipes or you could use face cloths. I use Grovia wipes. I think my baby face cloths would be too thin, but regular face cloths might be ok. The Grovia ones are thick and really grap the poop. I like them way better than disposables, which kind of smear it all around (especially the runny EBF poop). I use a squirt bottle (actually, a peri bottle from the hosptial) and mix a few drops of tea tree oil with water, and wet the wipe when needed. I keep them in a basket on the change table. They are about 8" square and I believe they would fit in a wipe container when folded in half.

This exactly. I have found that I leave the wipe container with water and TTO in it on the change table  and dip my wipes in at change time. If you leave them in there they go musty really really fast. When I'm out I use the peri bottle from the hospital. That I just put water in so that I can use it to wet face clothes for wiping DD's hand and face when we are out.

• Options
    I buy baby washcloths. I get larger packages at places like TJ Maxx or Marshalls for around $5. I used to keep them in a warmer, but now I just wet 1-2 as needed. The kids bathroom is right across from his room, so it isn't too hard to do, but I have heard of other people using spray bottles too.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I use some Prince Lionhart cloth wipes, and some Kushies brand. When I needed more I used the Circo washcloths from Target and they're actually better IMO. I mix a little natural baby wash and jojoba oil with water and wet them in that, then put them in a wipes warmer, which I don't plug in.
  • Options

Man, I just cut up some flannel for wipes! I use 2C water, 5 drops Tea Tree oil, 8 drops Lavender oil (that's just for me), and 1T of both baby wash and baby oil (well, I use apricot oil, but that's what I love). I actually wet the clothes and leave them in a tupperware. They last for about a week and don't get musty (I'm not sure why others' get musty; maybe if they sat for longer they would?).

I get tired of doing cloth diapers, but I love cloth wipes, and so does my baby's butt! He gets red if I use disposables for more than a day.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"