Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Is this what all holidays will feel like?

I'm in bad/sad mood this morning. I can't stop thinking that Timmy should be here celebrating his first Halloween with us. He should be all dressed up in some cute little pumpkin costume and I should be worried about how cold it'll be when we go trick or treating tonight. Instead I spent last night decorating his pumpkin in remembrance of him because he's not here.  :(  Everyone keeps saying "Happy Halloween." Ha. Yeah right. It just sucks.  I can only imagine how Thanksgiving and Christmas will be...  Is this how all of the holidays will feel?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is this what all holidays will feel like?

• Options

Ithink this is how it will all feel... it hurts holidays are hard... I wanted to dress Emily up as a little baby dragon or kitty or something adorable.... everything would be so much more fun if she were around.

{{{HUGS}}}} Hang in there today.

• Options
    Yes. The mornings were the worst for me because I get up before MH and I would just sit and cry thinking how Aidan should be here with us. As the days went on, it got better because I was occupied with other things.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I can't imagine thanksgiving and christmas. But yes, today I woke up and felt a heaviness because I was so excited to dress Jack up and have him with me today. I hate Halloween now.

Hugs to all today. 

TTC since November 2009. DH diagnosed with sperm antibodies. IUI #1 = BFN IUI #2 = BFN On the road to IVF.... Egg Retrieval Jan 21, 2011 16 eggs retrieved Egg transfer Jan 26, 2011 Only 2 viable eggs transferred. 1 IVF, 1 ICSI IVF #1 = BFP :-) 10/3/11 No heart beat at 38 weeks: Our baby Jack became an angel 12/14/11 = natural BFP Rainbow baby Samantha Jacklyn born8/8/12. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I could have wrote your post word for word! I WAS doing ok with all this but as each day gets closer to the major holidays I have a harder time keeping it together :( (( hugs))
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wow I could have wrote this post I am typing asI am crying I feel the same way. This is my favorite holiday and now I feel like I just want to to be over!!

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options
    I plan on keeping the lights out and the door shut.  I don't want to see any child in costume and I don't want to think about what Sylvie would look or sound like running door to door.  The sparkle in her eye when we came home and went through her loot.  It is too painful. 
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • Options
    Yes, this is how it will feel.  But I agree with others, the morning of or even the night before (especially Christmas) is the worst.  I tried to focus on positive ways to incorporate Logan.  You just have to take it one moment at a time.  And quite literally "find" the "little" things to celebrate on the holidays because they never seem quite as "big" and "happy" as they were before.
  • Options
    Holidays were horrible for us. I didn't do anything that year for thanksgiving and Christmas was whatever to us.
    MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wasn't expecting today to be so hard and emotional. This really fvcking sucks ass. I don't know how I am going to handle the major holidays.
  • Options
    It will be pretty much the same. I find the time leading up to the holidays/milestones are tougher than the actual day. (((hugs)))
  • Options
    I really HATE HATE HATE today. I wish all of us could get together IRL and have a "Hate the Holidays" party.
    Avery Alexander Napaluch born sleeping October 24, 2011 at 32 weeks.
    He was 4lbs. 9oz. and 17&1/2in. He was absolute perfection.

Mommy and Daddy love and miss you Avery.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I am a mess today. I just want a child so freaking bad!  Facebook is def. not a good place for me to be today.
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options

I know my situation is different because I have my daughters, but my therapist has worked with me to focus on what I have instead of what I don't. Today I really enjoyed my oldest DD's Halloween party at school and I am looking forward to trick or treating with them.

Sometimes I do think about how Quincy should be here, but I just try to bring the focus back to my girls.  I don't think Thanksgiving will be too tough, especially since we are going to a fancy restaurant for brunch that the girls will love because the walls are an aquarium.  I think Christmas and seeing all the baby's first Christmas ornaments will be tough.

Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Options
    The holidays are definitey hard.  They make me feel that emptiness more than on other days.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    I used to love the holidays, but since I lost my twins I don't enjoy them anymore. The first Christmas after my loss I didn't even decorate, the next year I forced myself and went overboard in decorating. This year I am missing a fourth baby who should be here just in time for Christmas if it wasn't for my ectopic. I would prefer to just skip straight to January 2nd (not the first because that is dh's bday and every year I feel bad that I still haven't been able to give him a baby).

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    Our first major holiday without Adam was Easter.  And yes, it was horrible.  Mother's Day was even worse.  But before that was Valentine's Day, which I think is silly, but even that day hurt.  Yesterday, I woke up in a funk.  Last year I was 38 weeks pregnant with Adam, and I kept thinking of all our plans we had for this year.  I was ok yesterday, but I don't think I'll be ok with Thanksgiving or Christmas.  I'm really not looking forward to them.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"