Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

LO's sharing a room ?

DD#2 just started sleeping through the night so I'm going to put her in the room with DD#1 now, who usually goes into bed around 8:30 but talks or sings or whatever to settle herself for a little while before falling asleep. Once asleep, she's not a real heavy sleeper. DD#2 also usually goes in the crib around 8-8:30 and she sometimes grunts/squeaks a little bit before going to sleep (she gets swaddled because she has colic and it helps her sleep but she sometimes gets frustrated she can't move. So I'm wondering what's the best way to get them to bed in one room, who to put down first, etc.

Re: LO's sharing a room ?

• Options
    We very quickly learned that, with our kids, it was best to put them down together. They took a few nights to get used to each other's sounds, but now they fall asleep together and if one wakes up it's incredibly rare that they wake the other up. I think this will be a trial and error thing and you'll find what works for your two. I will say to  pick one way and stick with it for at least a week before you decide whether or not it works and change it.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepenguingrrl:
    We very quickly learned that, with our kids, it was best to put them down together. They took a few nights to get used to each other's sounds, but now they fall asleep together and if one wakes up it's incredibly rare that they wake the other up. I think this will be a trial and error thing and you'll find what works for your two. I will say to  pick one way and stick with it for at least a week before you decide whether or not it works and change it.

This is what I was going to say.  They are great comfort to eachother now, and one can wake up crying or coughing and the other doesn't stir.  The only warning I have is the older may wake LO on purpose in the morning!  No matter how many times I nag them to let the other sleep, I always hear one "Psst.  Wake up.  Wake up," and then 5 seconds later they come bumping down the stairs together holding hands.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"