Upstate NY Babies

Face Painting left red mark on DD's face

B loves to have her face painted at events, I hadn't really considered it possibly causing problems.  Tonight, she had her face painted at an event.  When I washed it off not even 2 hours later, her face has red lines over half of the are that was painted.  I actually lookes sort of veiny, I can't think of a better way to describe it.  She has never had any sort of reaction before.  Tyler never has it done, he likes seeing B get it done, but hates the feeling of dry paint on his skin. 

After thinking about it, face painting at events isn't very sanitary.  The brush and paints are touching lot of kids' faces without being washed. 

Another side note for tonight, put poison control on speed dial on your phone!  One of glow stick bracetts the kids had leaked, I noticed it after they went to bed.  It had spilled a little on a table.  I found it when DH was in the shower and knew Ty had been crying about something in his mouth before bed, but I was upstairs with B.  I feared that he had bit it open which caused his earlier crying, so I called poison control.  Thankfully,  the liquid is relatively harmless.  Turns out Ty did just bite his cheek though, DH saw him do it trying to tell DH something silly while eating a sandwich.  I think the cat may have bit it, she is fine, sleeping next to me now. 

It is the second time I have called, Ty ate about 5 Tums while we were in the process of moving, luckily they are harmless but he had just turned 2 so I called anyway.  I have the numbr on speed dial on my phone.  I worry that the time I really need it, we wont be home.

1-800-222-1222

Re: Face Painting left red mark on DD's face

• I know some people have very sensitive skin and break out easily with certain paints/makeups/etc.  I am like that, but there are also different paints that people can paint faces with.  I know when I was working, we finally gave it up because too many kids had reactions to the paint the art teacher was supplying.  That stinks!  I hope it wasn't itchy and I hope it is gone today.

Definitely 2nd that about Poison Control.  We have had to call 2x for Mia.  Both times they were very nice and we had nothing to worry about, but she is fast and I worry like crazy.  One time she ate a fingerful of diaper cream and the other time she licked cement off of the floor during a Mother's Day/Father's Day craft.  We hadn't even noticed the drips.  

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • My friend's wife is allergic to red dye.. maybe it is one of the dyes?

I have a magnet on the fridge with the poison control # (and I have very few things on my fridge).

Our cat chewed and broke a glow stick once.  DH did a lot of googling and since she had very little, the only real worry was foaming at the mouth (which is what happened)  Sort of funny (but not really) - now when the cat sees a glow stick, she foams at the mouth a little..

• Loading the player...
  • Bri's face is fine this morning.  A little dry in that spot but otherwise cleared up.
  • Good that her face cleared up!  What did she have painted?  ;-)

And definitely on the Poinson Control number.  Our Pedi mentions it at every appointment to make sure we've put it in our phones.

You just never know!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"