Washington Babies

TTC thoughts and advice?

After 11 months of trying, charting, OPKs, temps and all that jazz i have started bloodwork with the dr, and dh gets tests too.  anyone been through this?  what do I need to expect?  Dr said if all tests are normal we may need to use clomid...any experiences with that?  Doesnt look like my insurance covers it this year, any pointers on where it can be found for releatively inexpensive?  anything else anyone wants to share?  can I get a little baby dust?

thanks all

Heidi 

Re: TTC thoughts and advice?

• First, clomid is super cheap at Walmart, like $10 if I recall.  Everyones experiences are different. 

The test your DH will do is most likely a semen analysis, and it might be embarrasing for him but it's not hard. 

What other tests have you done?  An HSG?  Because Clomid is so cheap and easy, it's a good first place to start.  Do you know/think you are O'ing?  Good luck to you and keep us posted!  KRosentoes posts a montly infertility checklist.  Join us!

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Yup that is the test DH is getting, they are hormone level tests for me not sure what they are called. Go to know generic clomid is available. Everything has happened as it should, minus the getting pregnant parts. =). Normal cycles, normal opks. Just not taking if you know what I mean. Thanks for the good luck. =)
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no advice but I wanted to send you baby dust.  Good luck Heidi!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageeverafter2:

After 11 months of trying, charting, OPKs, temps and all that jazz i have started bloodwork with the dr, and dh gets tests too.  anyone been through this?  what do I need to expect?  Dr said if all tests are normal we may need to use clomid...any experiences with that?  Doesnt look like my insurance covers it this year, any pointers on where it can be found for releatively inexpensive?  anything else anyone wants to share?  can I get a little baby dust?

thanks all

Heidi 

This was my life story before I had my daughter! I ended up getting pregnant on Clomid the 3rd cycle I took it. I got it at Walmart because my insurance also didn't cover it. Feel free to PM with any ? you have. I have been there and it sucks not having any answers. Hope Clomid works for you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We went through all the testing. As a pp said, it is a bit embarrassing, but nothing too bad. We were unsuccessful with Clomid, but I hope it is much better for you. We ended up going through Clomid, IUIs, and finally IVF for our wonderful little girl. Much luck to you on your road and may you have early success!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo
  • Thanks much Carrie!
  • imageMaddimom:
    imageeverafter2:

thanks all

Heidi 

This was my life story before I had my daughter! I ended up getting pregnant on Clomid the 3rd cycle I took it. I got it at Walmart because my insurance also didn't cover it. Feel free to PM with any ? you have. I have been there and it sucks not having any answers. Hope Clomid works for you!

thanks so much, I just got my first test results back and my progesterone levels are normal for ovulation, and tomorrow i have day 3 af testing hormones then.  this is kind of exciting but nerve wracking  at the same time

• I have been there. We started with testing after 10 months of unsuccessfully TTC. Everything came back normal. We ended up doing 3 rounds of Clomid + IUI, one round of injectable medications + IUI and finally IVF and still don't know why we are having so much trouble. Hopefully you will be successful much sooner than all that, but if you have any questions about anything along the way, I'm more than happy to share my experiences.

I remember feeling exactly as you do--excited but scared. Just take it one step at a time, and it all will work out. Please join the monthly check-in! Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • There are quite a few of us here who have been through it.  I'm sorry you are having to go through it, too.  We tried on our own, then did all the tests, procedures, a surgery, 3 IUI's, 1 miscarriage, and 2 IVF's.  Looks like you have most of your answers, so I'm just sending you good thoughts and lots of luck!

By the way, once you get started, it's not as overwhelming as it seems.  It becomes the new "normal," and you just do what you have to do.  So worth it in the end! ;-)

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Hugs to you! We tried for 2 years, and have our little IVF miracle on the way.. I don't quite remember, but I seem to think I paid about $5 a pill at Costco.

First month, it made me bat sh!t crazy. Like cramping, hot flashes, headaches and sever mood swings...People have compared it to menopause. Second month on it, nada! I was completely normal (at least normal for me), and didn't feel any different.

My OBGYN did the 2 cycles on clomid before referring me to SRM. There I did 2 IUI's and 2 IVF. Hope the clomid is successfull for you!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"