Babies: 6 - 9 Months

when to remove breathable bumpers?

LO is trying to stand in the crib.  He sits and pulls back on the bumpers and lets them snap back into place.  At this point, I think they are more hassle than anything.  He's been flipping around in his bed since 4 months and now he's crawling, falling and attempting to stand.  Should I just take them out? I'm worried he's going to stretch them out and get stuck behind them somehow. 
Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: when to remove breathable bumpers?

• I would take them out because if he pulls up he may try to climb it.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have breathable bumpers, and my DS has been standing in his crib for quite a while. I don't see any way that he could use them to climb out like the pp suggested. If my DS attempted to stand on ours, it would just push down.

I don't think they can really stretch out either. My daughter steps on ours all the time when she climbs into DS's crib, DS stands on them, and I have washed them a million times. They still look great. 

I plan on leaving ours in until DS moves to a bed, because they help prevent his arms/legs getting stuck in the slats, which happened to my DD on a few occasions.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSuperCuteBenz:

We have breathable bumpers, and my DS has been standing in his crib for quite a while. I don't see any way that he could use them to climb out like the pp suggested. If my DS attempted to stand on ours, it would just push down.

I don't think they can really stretch out either. My daughter steps on ours all the time when she climbs into DS's crib, DS stands on them, and I have washed them a million times. They still look great. 

I plan on leaving ours in until DS moves to a bed, because they help prevent his arms/legs getting stuck in the slats, which happened to my DD on a few occasions.

Same here and my DD like to roll into the sides of the crib, and without them she's hurt her head and be woken up constantly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSuperCuteBenz:

We have breathable bumpers, and my DS has been standing in his crib for quite a while. I don't see any way that he could use them to climb out like the pp suggested. If my DS attempted to stand on ours, it would just push down.

Same here and my DD like to roll into the sides of the crib, and without them she'd hurt her head and be woken up constantly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"