C-sections
Options

Was recovery from a scheduled c-section easier?

I had a c-section with DS after 36 hours of labor.  I felt terrible during recovery and blame some of it in the difficult labor I went through.  I am scheduled for a RCS Thursday and wondering what to expect.  Was the process and recovery easier?  I am super worried!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Was recovery from a scheduled c-section easier?

• Options

I had the (exact) same experience and dreading this scheduled c-section I have in 12 days.  Everyone swears the scheduled one is "tons" easier, but my anxiety is through the roof. 

Sorry I can't help; just know you're not the only one.   Hugs!

• Options
    I am in the same position....scheduled c/s on November 7th and very nervous/worried about the surgery! Sad
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Awww! Please don't worry yourself. Scheduled c/s is a piece of cake. And I was actually out of the hospital sooner from my c/s than I was my induction. My advice to make it go smooth:

Ask for a belly band

Ask to have the anti nausea medication injected if possible

Ask for sutures

Bring a boppy if you have one - The pillow really helps the discomfort when you first start walking.

Don't be afraid to ask for help 

Best of luck to all of you . Hope you have nice and easy deliveries. : ) 

• Options

The reverse was true for me. My emergency section after labor was a lot easier than my scheduled c-section. I think for me it was because I got really really sick the day of my section (I was vomiting all day long and the zofran wasnt helping, which irritated my incision/stomach a ton) plus I got a spinal headache and didnt want to move.

I think the difference in activity level after my first section is what made the difference. The first time in the hospital, I walked to the nursery a few times a day, and when I got home I was out and about a lot because DS was born so close to Christmas. With my second since I felt so lousy I just laid around and it made my recovery that much longer and worse I think.

In hindsight, I would have got up and moving a lot quicker even though I felt terrible. I think that would have made my 2nd recovery a lot quicker and easier.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, according to my OB, a scheduled c/s is the easiest recovery, but for me that wasn't the case.  With my scheduled c/s, I felt pretty good and was back to 100% by 3 weeks pp.  With my unplanned c/s, I labored for 20 hours and I was 95% by 5 days pp.  I think part of it was that i had learned from my prior c/s and was up and walking a lot more than my 1st.  Plus I had DS1 to care for on top of a newborn.
  • Options
    I never went into labor with DD so I have nothing to compare it to, but my recovery from a scheduled csection was not bad at all. I was up and moving around as soon as they let me out of bed and was keeping LO by myself as soon as DH went back to work, which was about a week out.
  • Options
    I have a rcs sechedule for the 8th. My recovery was not very good with my first, but I labored for 36 horus and pushed for 4 and then had a bad reaction to the medication. I talked to my OB and he keeps telling me - you will be amazed how much easier this one will be! He promised me, so I'm hoping he's right! Like ppers said, I've heard moving around is important, just don't overdo stairs or lifting, but don't lay around too much either. GL!
  • Options

I've never had a scheduled c-section, but I have had two previous emergency c-sections. My first I was in so much pain, and I could barely walk for 3 weeks. The second one was much easier, and I had a faster recovery. I have also heard that with other multiple c-section people as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think a scheduled c-section is a lot easier. For my first delivery, I went through 10 hours of labor before they decided to do a c-section. The labor itself was exhausting and I think that made a c-section recovery even harder. The second time, the doctor decided to schedule a c-section because of the complications I had during my first delivery. It went so much easier than I had expected.  I was able to mentally prepare myself and had everything organized. I even asked my mom to stay with us but I was pretty much back to normal three weeks pp.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"