Washington Babies

Daycare/Nanny share?

Hi all,

just had my baby about a week ago and will be heading back to work mid January.  I live south of Seattle (Burien) but work downtown.  Does anyone have any recommended daycares or are interested in nanny share or even know how nanny share works?  My brother was going to move to Seattle to be our "manny" but that just fell through, so now I'm scrambling a bit to find something else. 

Any ideas or recommendations would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

Re: Daycare/Nanny share?

• We've always used care.com to find our nanny's. You can post a job with your needed hours, and applicants apply. You can also interview, check references and do a standard background check through the site.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We found our nanny-share through craigslist.  It took me a couple months of searching regularly before finding a good fit.  The other mom and I emailed back and forth and talked on the phone quite a few times first, then we met the other family to see how we liked them and how the kids got along.  After that, we met the nanny.  We knew pretty quickly though that it was a good fit for everyone.  We pay cash under the table and offer 2 weeks paid vacation/sick days.

So far, we love it and Lucy loves it.  She's doing so well and really thriving in our current situation. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info!  Alli, about how much do you pay a month?  I'm trying to figure out a price comparison as well. 
  • We pay $1200/mo.  It was more than we were paying for in-home, but I'm much happier with it.  I'm not entirely certain how much the other family pays, but I'm sure it is comparable.  So, our nanny gets a fair wage and we get great care for Lucy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"