Baby Names
Options

Sibling for Kellen?

My son, Kellen, was born in 2008, in a time where I had only heard the name a couple of times.  Because of Kellan Lutz and a few other things, it seems to be gaining in popularity.  I like names that aren't trendy, which is why I put that up front, but I've also learned you can't really plan for trends.  

We are having another boy, and I am really struggling with a name.  It took us until I was at least 7 months pg w/ K to settle on his name.  I know we still have time, but I'd like to have at least a narrowed down list of names we like.  

We like some Irish names (but I very much dislike Declan despite nearly everyone's suggestion of that as a complimentary name). My husband's last name is 2 syllables that start with a Th and end with an -er (also the same name as an author).  Here are some names we've talked about and reservations.

Morgan (too popular as a girls' name)

Gavin (too trendy)

Miles (I'm still not sure I like it that much)

Jude

Oakley

Lachlan (my mom says it rhymes with Kellen, and my husband not on board so much)

Leighton 

I've looked at thousands of lists on Nameberry and Nymbler, etc etc. Just when I think I've looked at every name, I'll see one I hadn't considered before.  I'd love any suggestions or thoughts on the names already on our list.

* Names like Liam, Logan, Aidan are too trendy for me.

Thanks! 

Re: Sibling for Kellen?

• Options
    I love Kellan but my husband's name is Colin so it's out for us. Other names we like are Oliver, Ronan, Sawyer, Blake, Lincoln, Emmett, Reid, and Sullivan. I once knew a sibset named Kellan and Hunter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagehappilyever888:
    I love Kellan but my husband's name is Colin so it's out for us. Other names we like are Oliver, Ronan, Sawyer, Blake, Lincoln, Emmett, Reid, and Sullivan. I once knew a sibset named Kellan and Hunter.

Thanks! I also like the name Everett, which is close to Emmett (which is a small town near us) and have considered adding Sullivan to the list.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I like Jude the best of your choices.

Suggestions - Shane, Garrett, Nolan, Cameron, Rhys, Eric, Hugh, Desmond, Asher, Isaac, Carson, Reid, Maxwell, Joel, Landon

• Options

LOVE jude!!!!

connor

seamus

John

patrick

brian

kevin

mattew

luke

• Options
    I love the name Kellen, and think Kieran would sound good, or Kian.
    ****formerly talentedgirl**** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Kedrick

Dylan

Braeden

• Options

Lance

Keaton

Devin

Kyan

Me(30) DH(36) TTC #1 since October 2011 <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Options

Our little boys name is Kellan also, only we spelled it differently than you =)  I also loved the name for long before Twilight came around.  I really like the name Brennan, but I'm not sure if it rhymes too much.

• Options
    I know a sibset named Kellan and Ryker.  

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• Options

jude.

by the way, i like kellen :)

other suggestions: sean or ian.

• Options
    How about Julian and call him Jude??  I always thought that was cute. 
  • Options

My name is Kellan and my brothers name is Sam. I always liked the way Kellan and Sam sounded as far as a sibset.

BTW, you think Gavin is trendy? Thats the name we picked for our LO. 

• Options

My neighbor has a son named Kellen, and also children named Cillian and Kenyon.  I like the name Cillian.

I also like the names Rhys, Rhett, and Rowan. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"