Multiples
Options

Introduction and question

Hi ladies. I am still in shock and it's crazy to type it out, but we are having twins! We found out yesterday afternoon. My Mom is a sonagrapher and was able to take a peek for us. I think having my Mom be the one to tell us was one of the neatest things.

Ironically, the reason we did this ultrasound was because I was feeling anxious/nervous/worried that something might be amiss, so I wanted some peace of mind. I have had very minimal symptoms and have been feeling great, so twins has never crossed my mind.

My H has twins on both sides of his family, so we used to joke about it. Well, the joke's on us now :)  We are still in shock and my mind has been racing with millions of questions. I had my first appointment with my midwife on Tuesday this past week, but I am going to be calling tomorrow to find out what our new course of action will be.

I am sure I have plenty and it looks like this is a great board. I look forward to getting to know the other MoM's here!

My first question is about exercise...I have been running about 20-25 miles per week still, and now that I know there are two beans, it makes me more nervous. Logic would say keep doing it as long as I feel comfortable and safe, (I will be asking the Dr. tomorrow of course) but I was wondering if any MoM's here were able to exercise and for how long?

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Introduction and question

• Options

Welcome and congrats! I too thought something was wrong ,had an US, and they found two!

FYI, twins only run on the mothers side, so you didn't get them b/c your DH has a lot in his family...but thats neither here nor there...

I was running a lot - I remember doing 6 in a treadmill-athon the day I found out! I had some spotting after and was a nervous wreck.  My doctor said to keep exercising, but not to do anything too jarring.  I decided to walk and lift from that point on.  Yet, there are some hard core running mommies on here who I am sure will share their running stories.  I am sure if you monitor your heart rate and don't go for a personal best, you should be fine!

I exercised until I got put in the hospital at 30 weeks.  I was a bit on the large side and rather uncomfortable doing much, but I tried to walk and get out and about as much as I could.

Just listen to your body.  Good luck on a healthy pregnancy. How cool about your mom.  Maybe she can give you a lot of sneak peeks here and there! 

Photobucket
  • Options

welcome and congrats!

my doctor told me to keep track of my heartrate, not to let it get above 140. so when I work out, I have a wrist heartrate monitor I check. 

Married 07/2011 <3
    ID Twin girls 04/2012 <3<3
    Baby #3 Due Jan. 2017  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

• Options

My doc advised me to keep it to walking/light aerobics with no impact. Until I hit bedrest at 26w, then nada.

And congratulations to you! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"