Multiples
Options

extra ultrasound?

So, I had ultrasounds at 7w and 10w because of spotting, and I'm going for a regular apt this week, but they're not planning an ultrasound for me until the anatomy scan at 18w. that seems like a long time to go, I'm still slightly concerned about vanishing twin, does it seem inappropriate/pushy to ask for another between now and then just to make sure they're both there and healthy?
Married 07/2011 <3
ID Twin girls 04/2012 <3<3
Baby #3 Due Jan. 2017  <3

Re: extra ultrasound?

• Options
    Not sure how your Dr works, but mine did a quicky ultrasound at those appointments in between to find heartbeats instead of the doppler.  You may get to see them anyway. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You may get an u/s or hear them on the doppler at appts. Also, they didn't ask if you wanted to do the first trimester screening?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's completely appropriate to have an u/s at every appt with twins. My OB did a quick u/s at every appt. Do you know if your twins are di/di or mo/di?  If mo/di, you should be monitored for TTTS in the 2nd trimester.  IMO, 8 weeks is too long in between u/s with twins especially mo/di twins.
  • Options
    I had U/S as least once a month. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 008
  • Options

Thanks ladies. Last time I was there the ultrasound tech said it was too early to see the placenta, but they did find a membrane separating them. so they're either di/di or di/mo. 

My apt is actually with the nurse practitioner on Tuesday, so I'll ask her, and if she's unsure or says no, I'll call and ask the doctor myself. I really want that piece of mind before I wait till December for another u/s.

Thanks! 

Married 07/2011 <3

• Options
    imagemars724:

Thanks ladies. Last time I was there the ultrasound tech said it was too early to see the placenta, but they did find a membrane separating them. so they're either di/di or di/mo. 

My apt is actually with the nurse practitioner on Tuesday, so I'll ask her, and if she's unsure or says no, I'll call and ask the doctor myself. I really want that piece of mind before I wait till December for another u/s.

Thanks! 

In that case I would definitely push to get another one ASAP.  My OB was able to determine they had one placenta at 10w6d.  It becomes harder determine the further you get.  Was the dividing membrane thick and was it obviously two sacs or did it look like one big sac with a very thin membrane?

• Options

it looked like one big sac with a thin membrane, they couldn't find it at 7 weeks actually, and I had to go back a week later for them to just look for the membrane.

Married 07/2011 <3

• Options
    I would definitely ask for another u/s to determine the chorionicity.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I got one (and still do) once a month.  I would ask for one in between if it were me but I can see why they care putting it off until 18w.  I just wanted one for peace of mind. GL!

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"