Attachment Parenting
Options

Bedsharing with 4 month old question

We've bedshared with LO since the first night. Now he's getting a little more mobile and he can kind of scoot around by using his head movement. That sounds weird so here's what I mean: his head starts at 12 then it'll be at 1, 2, somethimes very close to 3 so he's almost completely parallel with where he started at. It's usually only towards one way though; I guess I feed more from that side.

So it's fine if I'm in the middle and he's next to the bedrail because he's moving toward me, but if I'm next to the bedrail and he's in the middle it makes me a tad nervous because his head to going over towards DH. DH wakes up when he feels him, and he doesn't move very much at all in his sleep so my worry is mostly unfounded I'm sure.

This past night when LO was in the middle, I just put my arm under his legs and held his side so he couldn't scoot as much. That worked pretty well.

Does anyone have some advice of another way I could keep him from scooting?

Or, is there a way I can still nurse him using both sides, but staying in the same place? I usually let him nurse a couple of times from one side then me and LO trade places so I can use the other side. He wakes up a few times at night.

Thanks!

Re: Bedsharing with 4 month old question

• Options
    L has done this same thing for a long time, too. He would probably end up with his head and feet turned a complete 180 eventually if I didn't spin him back into position once or twice a night. I have no idea how to prevent him from spinning though. He does it in his crib, too. It doesn't worry me, though, just a mild annoyance when I'm am getting feet in my ribs. ;)

As for nursing with both breasts while keeping him on the same side- it is possible. It took me a while to figure it out, and hopefully I can explain this so it makes sense. Basically, if I'm laying on my left side, and I want to feed from my right (top) breast, I kind of roll towards L, so that I'm kind of half on my tummy/half on my side. It brings the breast down to him, if you can picture that. It's not as comfortable as feeding from the bottom breast, but it works alright. I think it would be a lot easier if I had bigger boobs, but it can be done.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

My daughter has started to do this. It's cute... but annoying once she gets a leg up on me and wiggles, haha.

I sleep with her either in between me and the wall or the both of us (this isn't for everyone though) so I know she is safe, and just let her move. When she wakes up to nurse or wiggles into one of us, then I rearrange her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"