Multiples
Options

Found out I am expecting twins on my 3rd ultrasound but second sac looks smaller...

Hi, on my second ultrasound, last week, the dr. told me there were two sacs and one of them was empty, he said I should expect a vanishing twin. At 8w1d, I went to my 3rd ultrasound, and was shocked to see two sacs and two heartbeats, I'm so happy, the hb were 161 and 156, one of the sacs looks significantly smaller though but the dr. says that it could be the ultrasound angle. Has anyone seen a smaller sac on the ultrasound? 

Re: Found out I am expecting twins on my 3rd ultrasound but second sac looks smaller...

• Options

I'm probably no help. One twin was always smaller for me, they always measured within days of each other, but I didn't have my first u/s until 9 weeks and then not again until 14.5 so I'm not good at early size difs.

Congrats on your pregnancy! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Twin B has always been smaller for me. At first it measured just 1 or 2 days apart, now it's about a week. Completely normal though according to the OB.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine have been measuring a week apart at almost every u/s. (we had them weekly for a while)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Congrats. Remember ultrasounds are not an exact science. They can be a pound off later, so you have to figure with a sac that is only a few millimeters, they can easily be off some. Curious, why 3 scans before 9 weeks?
    ~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    When we saw our twins at 8 weeks on u/s, one was waaaaay smaller than the other.  I was worried, nobody else was.  When we did our NT scan around 12 weeks, they had evened out.  I had my guys on Friday and they were actually only an ounce apart :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you so much for replying, I had IVF, that's why they do so many ultrasounds, I was released to a regular OBGYN on Friday and have my first appt. this Tuesday, I'm so excited, althought just very nauseaus, thank u ladies :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"