Food Allergy
Options

Allergy Alert bracelet

We just confirmed DD's peanut allergy. The allergist suggested a medical alert bracelet. Do you have one for your kids? Where did you get it? Any recs are appreciated!

Re: Allergy Alert bracelet

• Options

I was just about to post this link:

https://www.allerbling.com/

There are a lot more options out there; this one is probably especially good for kids with multiple allergies but I thought these were a great option!

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    We use stickyjewelry.com.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Medic alert.  They ae widely recognized by 1st responders.  The hold a database of  your medical conditions and contact info.  After a friend lost his 10 year old at a 4th of July picnic I thought it best to have something that police could look up your info since she'd be wearing one anyway.  The friends girl found a police man but couldn't remember her dad's cell number.
  • Options

I love our Allerbling bracelet, but apparently DD can bite the charms off. Every time she's worn it to school, her teacher has taken it away from her because when she's laying on her cot before nap, she bites them off. She's never done that at home.. but they hand it to us in pieces at the end of the day. :sigh: 

Luckily her school is completely nut free, so we don't stress about her not wearing it there.. but we are in the market for a new, one-piece style until she's a little older and can understand that she can't bite this one all apart.

• Options

I got this bracelet for my son.. it's engraved and you can shorten the links so if your LO has small wrists it can grow with him. 

https://www.americanmedical-id.com/marketplace/build.php?buildwhat=bracelet_jfk

I tried a few others, the ones with a plastic band, and one with a velcro strap and he hated both.. this is the only one he actually likes. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"