Upstate NY Babies

I think Natalie might not be tolerating formula well.

Her first bottle she took no problem. Then the next couple she didn't want to eat.. now she is eating them OK.. but is spitting up A TON afterward.. Way more than she ever did from BM. She had two formula bottles for the first time last night and was up basically from 2-6 straight fussing/screaming..And today she's had some spells where it seems like she's in pain. It seems more like gas than reflux though.

Right now I'm just using up a sample can of enfamil newborn.. so i figure I will try a sample of either a sensitive/gentle or soy formula next. I never noticed a difference with Eve and  the different types of formula but she was a bit older.. and she just spit up everything.. Which do you think would be better to try first?

Also... they do make generics in gentle and soy right? The thought of having to buy name brand formula makes me ill.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth

Re: I think Natalie might not be tolerating formula well.

• Poor little girly! My sister bought the Walgreens gentle stuff for her son. He did great on it.
  • When L was having issues we used emfamil AR- and he seemed to tolerate it better..I didnt do a whole lot of checking to see if they have a generic formula of that blend- but Im sure they do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would buy the huge cans from Sams Club (Members Mark I think) in the regular type but they had a sensitive as well. I think the regular was around $20 a can. I believe its on their website too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • I think target has a generic. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Soy gave my DD gas and constipation, but we tried it because of her reflux as well.  Babies are all diff tho, hopefully you find something that works well.
  • Enfamil AR worked wonders for both boys.  They were both big spitters and back archers.  Between the Enfamil AR, Mylicon and Zantac, they were both happy, healthy boys.  We only had to do the Mylicon for a little while when they were really young.  E did really well with Dr. Brown's and A with Nuk bottles.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh and Target has a generic Enfamil AR, but for some reason neither of them tolerated it, even though it is supposed to be the same, so we stuck with the Enfamil.
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • V did TERRIBLE on Enfamil newborn...we switched to Similac Sensitive and haven't looked back.

• We used the generic gentle formula from Walmart,both my kids did fine with it,they did still spit up some ,but it only lasted until around 5-6 months old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"