Attachment Parenting
Options

Car Seat Opinion Needed (Poll)

We're going to need to buy a 2nd car seat. We've always just had 1 since all family outings are in my vehicle (2006 Toyota Sienna), but Ari will be starting Montessori school 2-3 days a week sometime around Jan., & DH will be taking him most mornings. We're thinking we'll move Ari's current seat to DH's car & put the new seat in my van.

Ari is currently RF in a Recaro Signo. I was originally planning on keeping him RFing until 3, but it's becoming difficult to get him in & out since he's getting bigger, & it's also harder for us to interact when he's RFing. He talks nonstop lol. So I may go ahead & turn him in the next couple of months, but I'm just undecided. He's 27 lbs & 34.5 inches tall right now. Another point to consider - we are currently TTC & don't plan on doing an infant seat next time, just straight to a convertible.

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Car Seat Opinion Needed (Poll)

• Options
    I like posting on car-seat.org...the ladies there are super helpful in case you need more help!
  • Options

Is it safe for him to be rear facing at his age/weight/height? Don't mean that to be rude, but seems like he would be bored, cramped, and need to have leg room.

What do you do with his legs?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHope2Have:

Is it safe for him to be rear facing at his age/weight/height? Don't mean that to be rude, but seems like he would be bored, cramped, and need to have leg room.

What do you do with his legs?

It's safest for children to be rear facing until age 2 at a MINIMUM. Children are perfectly comfortable sitting with bent legs. Even if he did break a leg in an accident, I'd rather him break a leg than his neck, kwim?

Here are some links for you. Sorry they aren't clicky, I'm using Safari/Mac:

https://www.car-safety.org/rearface.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2DVfqFhseo 

• Options
    @Fred: He is starting to get unhappy RFing. I'm not sure if it's a phase, but it's been going on awhile. I bought one of those mirrors that straps to the headrest & that does the job for shorter trips (<15 min), but almost everywhere we go is at least 20 minutes away. I really wanted to go to 3 as well, but 2.5 may have to be good enough. 
  • Options

I would probably get another convertible since you might need 2 with your next LO anyway.  Then if your current convertible expires (say when your next LO still needs it) at least you still have the option to keep RF in your new one.

AFM, we kept Connor RF till 28ish months,but he was getting close within the height and weight requirements (he's a big kiddo) so we went ahead and FF him then.

I think when #2 gets here, he/she will use C's convertibles once they grow out of the chicco keyfit, and then we'll upgrade him to either a britax frontier or a natilus.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"