August 2011 Moms
Options

Do you use a humidifier?

I don't have a humidifier for baby but am thinking about getting one with winter coming up. Our house tends to get pretty dry feeling with the heat on and I don't want it to affect P too much.

Anyone use one? If so what brand? How do you like it and does it seem to help LO?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Do you use a humidifier?

• Options
    We use the Vicks warm mist humidifier. I know cold mist is recommended, but I have always used the warm mist in my room. It really helps with my sinus issues, which are pretty severe. So far it works grea in DD's room too. However, as soon as there's a chance she could get out of her crib, I'm switching to a cool mist so there's no chance for any burns.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have a warm mist one that we uses before I had DS. When he' in his own room I'll buy a cool mist one for him. It definitely helps with the congestion DS has had lately. The night I forgot to turn it on was rough. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Safety 1st cool mist..  it works good, but full power on it set off our fire alarms.  Less than 1/2 power was perfect.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have a vicks cool mist. It has the little slots to the vicks vapor packs for when DS gets colds. We got it at BRU. I think my coupon flier that just came yesterday or the day before has a coupon for 20% all humidifiers.

I also have a small warm mist one, some no name brand thing my mom bought. I use it down stairs in the livingroom for a while everyday. It's where we are the most in the house and DS has his PNP for day naps there.

I think it helps alot. The first night with the humidifier DS slept an extra 2 hours and his sleeping has gotten better and better. The two might not be related, but they also might be.

Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have two humidifiers. One for our living room and then one for LO room. I am unsure of the brand but they were ones I got on clearance.

• Options

I have to sleep w/ one in the winter or else I get nosebleeds. I am going to put one in DD's room when it gets colder. I like the Crane cool mist humidifiers.

• Options
    Cool, thanks ladies! I went out and got the Safety 1st cool mist one after reading this and some reviews online. I also got her the Little Noses Saline drops and after using those I sucked the biggest booger ever out of her nose! Poor baby I knew I could hear one up there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"