August 2011 Moms
Options

AW: Sleep Sack Transition Worked!

I thought I'd post about this because I was super nervous last night.  I know a lot of peeps are questioning when they should transition baby from swaddles to sleep sacks.

Scott has been waking up the past couple of days with his arms outside of his swaddle blanket (over his head...touchdown style).  It made me wonder if he didn't want to be swaddled anymore.  He never fussed when I put him in the blanket at night,  but I still thought that maybe it was time for the transition. 

Last night,  I followed his bedtime routine (bath & food) with a sleep sack instead, and it worked!  He slept the same amount of time as he did the night before!

Knocking on wood for an August board full of babies that STTN.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: AW: Sleep Sack Transition Worked!

• Options
    That is encouraging. Brooklyn has managed to get her right arm out of her swaddle for the past few nights. 
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options

That is great news. DD is starting to poke out of her swaddle as well. Her little hands are hanging out when I get her in the morning. I am nervous about the sleep sack but she has them in the drawer when she is ready. :)

Lynette Kaitlyn Jones arrived August 23rd, 2011! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is encouraging! DS keeps wiggling his arms out of the sleep sack swaddle (how they manage to get around tightly wrapped velcro, I have no idea), so hopefully he'll have an easy transition like your LO! Lucky you :)
    cai(o)&cullen+ahk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love reading this! I am so worried about making the transition, DD still looooooves the swaddle, and she is 3 months! I have to give this a try!
  • Options
    I swaddle LO from armpit down. She has always liked to wiggle her arms and bundling them down was a recipe for a major freak out. Sometimes the bottom is kicked out in the morning but I think its due to smaller receiving blankets. We have 4 sacks to use. I will bust them out soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats!

LOL.  I didn't think of it as touchdown style, I think my LO looks like she's being crucified.  I suppose her arms aren't at quite the same angle as your LO's.  Cute in any case!

TTC#1 2003, 5 angels above, IVF-PGS-FET, DD b. Aug-2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2 2012/13? FET

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"