August 2011 Moms
Options

am i being paranoid? (sleep related)

Tell me if I'm just being paranoid due to sleep deprivation: 

I spent the majority of yesterday trying to get DS to sleep. At first, it was just trying to get him to nap longer than 20 minutes (he was obviously tired), but he would scream and fight it. I know sometimes they wake up like that if they have gas issues, so I would burp him and work out some toots, but he just kept waking up.

After a big scream-fest fighting sleep around 5:00pm, he fell asleep for a good 30 minutes, but then woke up still looking tired. I spent the entire evening trying to get him to go to bed. He finally gave me a three and a half hour stretch from 1:00-4:30am.

The weird thing is, he hasn't been crying anymore since the big meltdown at 5:00pm. From 4:30-6:30, he would start grunting (gas issues), and I just stuck his paci back in his mouth. Every time, I thought he'd start crying (which is what he usually does) because he hadn't eaten since 11:00 or so, but he just stayed calm. When I got him up around 6:30am, he was all smiles and in a good mood. He's NEVER in a good mood in the morning - he's always too upset by the grogginess/dirty diaper/hunger that he fusses until halfway through the morning bottle.

The lack of crying has me worried - weird, I know. I should be thankful that he didn't cry all night, but now I'm just paranoid. I know sometimes sick babies don't cry, and he's cried a lot less than normal. (He's a bit dramatic.) I've taken his temp and he doesn't have a fever. It was actually slightly low last night.

Any similar experiences? We go to the pedi on Monday for his 2 month shots and I'll ask about it then, but this is just weird for us. I'm so stinking tired, but we have an unavoidable social engagement today and I have no hope for a nap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: am i being paranoid? (sleep related)

• Options
    LO has off days/nights like that too. I wouldn't worry too much, but talk to your Pedi if you are concerned.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options
    DD used to do this a lot too. She finally grew out of it around 2 1/2 mo, I felt the same way as you. She was just a little colicky and the pedi told me she would probably grow out of it. Now at 3 mo she STTN. I wouldn't worry if I were you, babies have good and bad days like us. Mention it to your pedi to put your mind at ease.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe your LO got a really good quality/ stretch of sleep and felt pretty good!  When my LO finally started getting better sleeps that is when I noticed he was happy when I would go into his room...all smiles :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"