Uh oh! DD is not being a good listener at school. — The Bump
Pre-School

Uh oh! DD is not being a good listener at school.

Some of this seems like it could be a phase.  She's 4, she likes to get her way and she's pressing her luck to see if she can get away with it.  We're dealing with that at home, so not surprising it's happening in school too.  DS wasn't too different at that age, but I know she needs to get over this before she goes to KG.  She was also in a Montessori school since she was 1 y/o and I think she's not used to having to transition between activities so much during the day. 

We have a reward system at home with marbles and so I told her she can earn a marble every time she listens the first time.  She also earns marbles for a good report from her teacher at the end of the week.  We give her choices, too.  Anything else I can do to get through to her that she has to listen to her teachers and cannot get her way all.the.time?

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12

Re: Uh oh! DD is not being a good listener at school.

• We have this issue flare up from time to time with ds. What type of reward system do they use at school? In ds's class they have a chart and each kid starts on green and can be moved to yellow or red according to behavior. If they remain on green, they get to shop in the "treasure box" at the end of the day. It's a box the parents stock with trinket type items. 

If ds gets in yellow, he's allowed to come home and read books, but not play with toys. This gives him time to relax and rest. Usually poor listening days mean he was tired.  

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/258tto1.png[/IMG]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards