June 2012 Moms
Options

Ectopic? Round ligament pain? Cyst? *UPDATE*

Hi ladies,

Has anyone experienced what an ectopic pregnancy feels like?

Last night I shot out of bed with a sharp pain in my right side, where I think my ovary is. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding, and this is the first time I've ever felt a painful cramp since I've been pregnant. Everything else just felt like a twinge and never really felt like it was just on one side. Is there any way to compare pains from an ectopic to RLP to a cyst?

I know that none of you can tell me what's going on over the internet, but I guess I'm just seeing if anyone has any experiences they'd be willing to share, hopefully to ease my mind a little until I can go to the doctor. I'm going to call in a couple hours (it's still early right now) to see what they think and if they want me to go in.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: The nurse I talked to said that it sounded like RLP. She said I could have twisted in my sleep and woken up from the pain. She did say that they can be quite painful. She told me if they keep happening randomly or I get other symptoms or bleeding to come in, but she thinks I'm okay. Thank you again, ladies! Being a pregnant hypochondriac is stressful!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ectopic? Round ligament pain? Cyst? *UPDATE*

• Options
    kinda sounds like RLP but I'd call your doc to be safe. FX for you!
  • Options

I'm curious to see the answers to this!  I just had a sharp pain last night when I got up in the middle of the night to pee.  I've had this even before pregnancy so I think mine is related to how I had hernia surgery as a baby.  It's my right side right near my bikini line...so I think it's scar tissue or the growing uterus pushing on that scar tissue.  Either way, I'm bringing it up to my doctor when I see him in a week. 

Upon doing research (so not a medical professional), it sounds like RLP occurs more on the right side.  Are you still in pain now?   I would definitely call your doctor if the pain is persisting and if you have any blood.  I'm sure everything is fine!

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ive had it on both sides. It short of feels like a rubber band was pulled then snapped inside of you.
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Options

That's kind of what my cyst feels like - sharp pains every once in a while, at least 2 times had me saying "ouch!" outloud. I never knew I had one until I had an u/s at my RE to check the ovaries. She said that most times they are harmless, so don't start fretting if you think it's that!

• Options

Thanks for all your thoughts, I appreciate it Smile

I'm not in any pain now. If anything (and I might just be imagining things now), it feels like it's just a little sore. Kind of like how your leg muscle still feels tender hours after a charlie horse.

I guess it kind of felt like a rubber band being snapped inside of me, I don't know, haha. Honestly, I was still in a sleepy daze when it happened, but it was painful enough to where I felt like I had to stand up. It lasted less than a minute, I'm pretty sure. I fell back asleep eventually and I haven't had any pain since, just a little tenderness. Not really cramping, if that makes sense.

After thinking about it, I'm hoping you all have the right idea that it's RLP. Don't you wish all these symptoms for potentially dangerous things could feel different from the basically harmless things?

I'm still going to call my doctor, because I'd much rather be safe than sorry. I'll keep you updated!

• Options
    I was having a dull achy feeling on one side and sometimes it would feel a little sharp.  I was concerned of ectopic as well but u/s showed baby in place and cyst on my right ovary. So if you are concerned I would get checked to ease yourself.  I didn't even know about these cyst that are common in pregnancy I guess.  This is my fourth baby so first time I've experienced this. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"