Secondary IF
Options

Your opinions are needed ... please!

I have not had a chance to speak to my Dr. yet but I will be 41 this weekend and found out today I have 18 follicles ( ranging from 10.5 to 23 mm - I know that some may not have any eggs in them) but compared to my last IVF cycles this is a total 360. I have a 23 month old which we conceived naturally. I am scared of multiples but now realize they are slim given my age and DH and I might consider selective reduction.

first IVF 7 follicles, 6 matured 4 fertilized - pushed to blast one transferred, 1 blast frozen - I kick myself for not transferring all 4

second IVF 7 follicles, 6 mature, 3 fertilized - 3 transferred.

I also know that that not all 18 will fertilize and it is hard to say exactly how many will transfer until we get a fertilization report but what are your thoughts on number to transfer? Would you push to Day 5 blast at my age? I am on the fence about CGH testing but welcome thoughts on that as well.Thank you

Re: Your opinions are needed ... please!

• Options
    Did you do 3dt or 5dt in the past?  Personally we are being very conservative because we do not want twins, and selective reduction is not an option for us.  We will be doing a single embryo (assuming there are not quality issues) on a 5 day transfer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemikey&amie:
    Did you do 3dt or 5dt in the past?  Personally we are being very conservative because we do not want twins, and selective reduction is not an option for us.  We will be doing a single embryo (assuming there are not quality issues) on a 5 day transfer.

The first one was a day 5 - transferred one blast and the other is still on ice.

The second one was a Day 3 because the embryos were not as good as quality - there were three (two 4BB and one 6BB).

• Loading the player...
  • Options

First off, I just want to wish you the best of luck.  I would definitely transfer 2 or 3, especially since you wished you transferred all 4 in your prior cycle. 

As for CGH testing, I haven't done it, so I'm of no help.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    Selective reduction of twins does not improve outcomes. If you are doing it for personal reasons, thats different, but if you are doing it to increase your chances of having a baby, it doesn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"