Single Parents
Options

Um, where is everyone?

When I was regularly (intentionally or not) blowing up this board there were some comments about how there were lots of newbies who needed attention and support, but they weren't getting it because of my drama.  I actually found this very valid and didn't post supportive comments in their posts because I didn't want them to be taken over by Lurky going nuts on me as she did every single time I said a thing.

So I stepped away, got rid of my screen name that had personal info, and have lurked a bit.  I noticed, however, that many of these newbie posts have not been answered.  I remember one a few weeks ago when cecamil (spell?) was drowning in being a SP to a newborn and I think only one person besides myself even acknowleded her.

This one also made me feel like this:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/59488625.aspx

So where is everyone?  Some of these mommas need some support and guidance!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Um, where is everyone?

• Options
    What is the point in the new SN if you are just telling everyone who you are?
  • Options

Too much personal information associated with that SN.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTwinkieFiend:

When I was regularly (intentionally or not) blowing up this board there were some comments about how there were lots of newbies who needed attention and support, but they weren't getting it because of my drama. 

This is interesting.....

Anyways, I haven't been posting much here because I've been busy studying for my CFP exam.  It's also kind of overwhelming with so many newbies.  It seems like the same questions are getting asked over and over which is why I created the FAQ post. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yeah, what happened to that FAQ link?  I don't see it anymore.  I did read it, but I noticed most of it had to do with legal issues and questions, but the posts I was referring to were the ones in which newly single mommas are having a rough time emotionally.  I think those are the ones that warrant responses more than any other, especially when they involve new/young babies and these mommas are adapting not only to suddenly being single, but being parents as well.

Just an observation, and a wish that some more of these posts get responses so the newbs can feel some hope that things will get better and it is possible to be a happy family, even if your family is just momma and kiddo(s).

• Options

I guess I haven't been checking this board as often since I've been busy with work and school and spending as much free time as possible with DD and SO.

I agree that it's hard to come up with new things to say, but I agree that even if the same things are being said it would still be nice to hear for those people going through it. I remember when I was a SP newbie.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

I think its ironic you want to be helpful and give advice to a woman whose husband cheated on her. 

Trust me, your the last fvcking person she needs advice from.

Formerly **eco**4k posts down the sh*tter Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"