Parenting after 35
Options

Do you feel attractive?

Sometimes I think I look pretty good for being a single-mom/40/ 2 kids. But most days I'm pretty sure my ship has sailed. And strangely- I don't care. LOL Stick out tongue

Re: Do you feel attractive?

• Options
    I think my ship sunk :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My boat will keep sailing because with a wide bottom like mine, it will never sink.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got dressed the other day and looked at myself and though, "Oh, I look like a mom." I wasn't really happy about it, but I only fit into two pairs of jeans at the moment, so there's not much i can do about it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagevanverth:
    My boat will keep sailing because with a wide bottom like mine, it will never sink.
    ROFL!

While I wasn't running around singing "I Feel Pretty", I felt ok up until today. At my daycare's Halloween open house, a few of the other moms looked great & I ended up feeling schlubby in comparison. Both moms casual look was so put together...kind of straight out of What Not to Wear. Then I looked at some pictures DH took of me & LO today. I lost all of the baby weight, but I still look puffy. Meh, I wasn't a skinny minnie pre-baby, so I'm not sure why I'm surprised I look puffy but I was still surprised. The mental picture I had of myself looks nothing like the actual photos.

I admit, I have gotten lazy post-baby. I used to wear make-up to work M-F. Now? I'm lucky if I have enough time in the morning to brush my teeth. I typically throw my hair in a ponytail because I'm too lazy and pressed for time to do anything more to it.

Don't get me started on the gym. I bought a membership that I barely use. I intended to go after my LO went down for the night, but then I feel so beat after I put her to bed & I don't have the energy for anything more than washing bottles.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"