Two Under 2
Options

Needing some tips and advice...PLEASE!

Here is the story...i have an almost 12 month old at home. Well i am pregnant with my second and due december 24th...but since im having a c section i will prob have the baby on dec 17th.

My question is...anybody have any great tips on kids being so close together? Like how am i going to do this with a 13 month old and a newborn? And being that i cant pick up anything over 10lbs for the first week..and my son(who will be the 13 month old) is sooooo needy right now.

I just wants some tips and advice.

Re: Needing some tips and advice...PLEASE!

• Options

I gave DS his own special play area in the house. He's pretty good at keeping himself entertained when I need to take care of the baby.

As for the lifting, enlist in as much help as you get. And when you do have to lift, just do it gently and with your knees. I hope everything goes well for you. : ) 

• Options

My DD was 13.5 months when DS was born. Other than some behavioral issues towards me and DH, I don't think she's even realized how much her life changed. I had a vaginal delivery and started picking up DD (20lbs) at 4 days PP. She took to DS amazingly! She loves him so much! Gives him kisses and says "hi baby" all the time. She really doesn't understand much though and doesn't like when he cries (she tends to make fun of him or cry herself). I was really nervous about having 2 so close in age, but I think the anticipation was worse than reality. So far so good, but we are only a month in.

I think my situation is a little different though because DS had breathing issues after birth and was in the NICU for 11 days. So technically all my healing was done before he even got home and DD's life changed transitionally rather than drastically because she met him in the NICU then would visit him everyday, then he came home. So she got used to him then he came home and she really could care less. I thought when I was taking care of DS she would throw a fit or be jealous, but really she just accepts it like it's always been this way. She is very good with independent play though and has no problem playing by herself for a hour without needing interaction with me... 

I honestly don't think my DD even remembers life before her baby brother! Having them this close has truly been a blessing rather than something I thought I would dread. Good luck and I hope it goes as smoothly for you!

SAHM to the sweetest little girl and boy... I love my job!

Praying for Baby Camryn
    Praying for Baby Scarlett
    Remembering Baby Adam
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine aren't that close together, but I think some of the things we did still helped. We made sure that I still did as much stuff as I could 1-on-1 with DD. Even if it was just going to the store together, getting away just the two of us made her feel special and made up for the fact that I was having to spend so much time nursing the baby. As for the lifting thing, I remember spending a lot of time on the floor in the beginning. That allowed DD to crawl/sit/whatever on me while still allowing the baby to be right there with us.

GL! 

Dear Bump: You suck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"