May 2011 Moms
Options

Would you call Pedi??

My LO was up all night with a cough but it sounded like he was a little stuffy and there was a drip going into her throat that would make her cough. She seems normal, playing, eating, laughing ect. No fever as well. But I cant see any boggies in her nose yet she sounds very snarfily. The cough is also still going on......

Re: Would you call Pedi??

• Options

My LO has had a cold/cough for 2 months now.  Once the cold started (right when she started daycare), we started running a cool mist humidifier in her room at night, used saline drops in her nose, and the snot sucker to help clear out her nose.  I called the pediatrician after a couple weeks because the cough wasn't getting better and she was having trouble eating (and would cough/burp = spit up a ton) and they asked to see her.

She had a slight ear infection, which apparently can be a reason why cold symptoms were not going away.  We got the pink stuff medicine to give her for 10 days and the ear infection got better but she still has the cough.  At all of her pedi visits (when we brought her in for the cold + at her 4 month checkup a few weeks afterwards), they said her lungs were fine.  She just needs to clear all the mucus out of her throat.

• Options

I would call and make an appointment just to be on the safe side. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS had pretty similar Sx, no fever just the nasal congestion I would use the Frida and even after nothing was left you could still hear it. It was going on two weeks so I called the triage nurse and told me to wait two weeks, I called again after two weeks, I was asked to bring him in. Pedi said there was nothing to do really, that it was viral, lungs and ears were clear that probably was two colds not the same one and to just keep the whole house humid, to keep using the frida with saline drops and let him nurse frequently. He is just now (after almost 3 weeks) getting over it.

Moral of the story: you are probably doing already all you can do, and it might be viral but there's no harm in calling the Pedi's office. Poor LO, hope she feels better soon!

• Options
    thanks so much everyone it kills me to see my baby like this!
  • Options
    Nope, just sounds like a cold.
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I called pedi this evening for very similar sx.  Nurse wasn't too concerned about long-term cough (no fever, eating fine, clear runny nose, not gasping/rapid breath, not fussy).  She did, however, say that he may have a secondary ear infection (treated for ear infection in late September) & to just use my "mother's intuition".  Since this conversation happened after office hours, I may watch & wait this weekend then make an appointment for Monday or Tuesday.

I would advise calling (even over weekend to speak to the doctor on call) just so they can hear symptoms help you decide on a course of action. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"